Ghost Armor Carbon Fiber and Screen Protector Review

AZDROIDX

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Looks great OP,I've had a prepaid certificate in my wallet for over a week waiting for my local Ghost Armors to get the kits, they got the clear last week but I'm a fan of the Matte. My last 5 phones have had Ghost and it's awesome! Can't beat Lifetime warranty either, most places will replace the small pieces for free too if they have them. My kids Sensation has this Carbon color, I might try it out too maybe instead of the Matte. The Clear kits don't include the battery door piece from what I was told, due to being able to see air bubbles thru it?!

chevyguy8893

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Good review, thanks, definitely makes the phone look even better. I just wish it offered drop protection, so I am stuck with my case. That screen protector looks really thick from the pictures. If my current protector doesn't work out I may pick up one of these.

S281

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
just got back from the mall and got the full armor installed in clear but mine looks like crap :( The kid that installed mine sucked at it. All the sides of the phone have air bubbles in it that wont come out. The screen also has one spot where a piece of dust got under it. I'm completely dissatisfied and think i want my cash back.

The 2nd thing i was worried about, when they apply the screen protector, they mist your phone with water until its pretty soaking, Doesnt that water get under things or in the ear piece and harm the electronics?

AZDROIDX

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
just got back from the mall and got the full armor installed in clear but mine looks like crap :( The kid that installed mine sucked at it. All the sides of the phone have air bubbles in it that wont come out. The screen also has one spot where a piece of dust got under it. I'm completely dissatisfied and think i want my cash back.

The 2nd thing i was worried about, when they apply the screen protector, they mist your phone with water until its pretty soaking, Doesnt that water get under things or in the ear piece and harm the electronics?

You have 7 days to get it redone if you are not satisfied, and won't need to pay the labor to redo it. Most of the air bubbles need at least 48hrs to see if they clear up, specially on the screen section. And yes, there are some that just don't do the same quality as others. Maybe they were new? (Iv'e had one) Or just in too much of a hurry? One thing is that every location I've been to stands behind their work. Go and see them after 48hrs.

S281

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
You have 7 days to get it redone if you are not satisfied, and won't need to pay the labor to redo it. Most of the air bubbles need at least 48hrs to see if they clear up, specially on the screen section. And yes, there are some that just don't do the same quality as others. Maybe they were new? (Iv'e had one) Or just in too much of a hurry? One thing is that every location I've been to stands behind their work. Go and see them after 48hrs.

Cool, i'll give them one more chance at it. I'll wait the 48 hrs and see how it looks before i go back in.

Mthr1

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Cool, i'll give them one more chance at it. I'll wait the 48 hrs and see how it looks before i go back in.

I have installed the screen protector only on my GNex, and while I didn't use the spray mist method, the standard suggested method of water dip and then to screen unavoidably exposes the screen, the speaker, and most of the rest of the face of phone to water. I have never had an issue with the small amount of water doing any kind of damage to the phone. If there are small clusters of super tiny bubbles under the screen protector, those will clear up in 48 hours. If you have an actual dust particle and/or lint under the protector, this will only be corrective with a new reapplication. Also, actual larger bubbles will also likely not totally disappear.

Given your description, I would definitely wait a couple of days and take it back for a removal and reinstall. Hopefully, you will get a more seasoned installer next time.

Ghost Armor, when done correctly, is awesome. It's use of polyurethane and it's self healing properties are top shelf. Good luck on getting yours corrected.

stabbedintheface

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I also got the Ghost armor and love it. For those of you who put it on and panic that the screen doesn't look good right way...just wait. It settles and the imperfections come out in about 2 days.

My only complaint about the phone is that its really not "complete" coverage. There are still some pretty exposed edges...the exact kind that get dinged up...like mine did... :'(

In all honesty though...the Ghost armor is only here to hold me over until my Sena case arrives..

Last edited:

mjd9ball

May 5, 2010
Visit site
They sent the wrong screen protectors for mine :( I just called them and they said they would express send me out some more. They didn't even question it and, said I didn't have to send what they sent me back. They must of knew they made a mistake once I gave them my order number. It kind of sucks because I was expecting it today but, as long as they send me the right ones I'm cool with it.

It looks like they sent me the Nexus S covers.

Click to view quoted image

Same thing here - they apparently had one or two people who were packing orders send out a LOT of Nexus S items by mistake. I got my delivery confirmation right away but it won't get here until 1/4 - glad they "expressed" it...anyway I've always used Ghost Armor so this review helped me decide to get the carbon fiber kit. Their screen protectors have always been good.

Ulver982

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Im using the ghost armor on mine. I really liked it on my Nexus S, but for some reason its not as smooth as it was on my NS. There's some indented lines in the protector when the light hits it a certain way. Kind of annoying. I might try a zagg to see how I like that. I just hate the way the zagg turns yellow after awhile.

Sent from my GSM Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I got my Ghost Armor yesterday. They sent me extra ones and I'm glad they did. It took me a few tries to get it right. Like Zagg, it seems like some batches are not as good as others. I've gotten pretty good at installing screen protectors and, it seems like even if you do everything correctly; some of the imperfections don't go away.

I applied the Ghost Armor to both of my tablets and one looks good while the other not as good. Having said that, once you do get it right it looks real good. My last attempt on the Gnex was successful and I could tell right away it was.

It looks really nice this morning but, I can tell when viewing from a white background, it still needs another day or so to clear up. Overall I'm satisfied.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
ah ok, yea i need something to protect during a fall

Otterbox makes a great case for impact protection. IMHO, they are best out there in terms of quality/precision/reliability. I prefer the commuter to defender, if only b/c I like to use my pockets for phones instead of crafting some papoose/holster.

droid74

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
i got the black carbon fiber, and it feels nice..still waiting for my paycheck so i can get the gunmetal or red carbon fiber for the vzw one cuz the mall only had gsm =_=

CFD323

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
i got the black carbon fiber, and it feels nice..still waiting for my paycheck so i can get the gunmetal or red carbon fiber for the vzw one cuz the mall only had gsm =_=

Can you post some pics of the Black Carbon Fiber? Curious how it looks in comparison to the Gunmetal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers