Video Review - Seidio Surface Case and Spring Clip Holster

bwillyM5

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! Just got my Surface Combo delivered tonight and just like you was using extended battery. Tried and tried to get the case to fit, but just not quite enough space to snap the bottom half together. I thought about removing the felt from the bottom half of the back cover but your idea of removing the battery cover might be better. I am going to play around with it and see if I can get it to fit. If not, I might switch back to the regular battery for a while and ask Seidio if they could make a case specifically for the extended battery. Just sent them an email.

Small_law

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I just got mine and put it on. The back piece looks a little thicker than the TPU case Verizon sells. The speaker, noise-canceling mic, and camera look like they sit a little deeper in this case than when I had it in the TPU. Not a bad thing. It's likely due to the lining.

Other than that, if you're familar with previous Seidio cases like this, you know what you're getting. I like the soft touch material. The cutouts are extemely precise and the case fits nicely. Note that the power and volume buttons, the usb and 3.5" auido input, and the camera and the speaker are exposed. It's as thin as other Seidio cases I've had, but like them, not so thin to worry about durability. This is only a "bumps and scratches" kind of case after all.

I don't think the extended battery and door fit. It's a tight fit without them, and the bottom just doesn't come together well when the bigger battery is in.

It's a winner.

BizzyGeek

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Love this case. I bought two (black and blue). Would like to find a dash or windshield mount that will work with it, in landscape mode for GPS. Emailed Seidio and they said they have no such plans to make one, unfortunately.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Nice review, but I've never been a fan of this two piece case design that Seidio does. I've found the two pieces to stop snapping together (or stop staying snapped together) after a few months time.

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I have the surface case and holder combo. I dont care for the case itself. It isnt as good as the one I got for the TB from Best Buy. I swap my battery out here and there and the case snapped on one side already. It might be a month old. The plastic on the sides is just too thin to take the abuse of removing it too often.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci