Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock

Default Otterbox Commuter...????

I've read that a few people on here, as well as XDA forums, have received their Otterbox Commuter series cases and have reported that it works fine with the extended battery.

Would anyone care to write up a review / post some pictures. I'd really like to see this case and I know of quite a few others who would as well.

Please?

ROM
    Stock, Overcome 2.0

Default Re: Otterbox Commuter...????

I can confirm the otterbox commuter fits with the extended battery. 2 of the corners have a slight gap, the other 2 corners fit just fine. Case still works perfectly though.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Otterbox Commuter...????-bad.jpg   Otterbox Commuter...????-good.jpg  
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    Stock

If anyone is interested, here's a great video. Doesn't look like it was used with the extended battery though.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyz5-sKO_n8[/YT]

Global Posts
    146 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jumpo64 View Post
    I've read that a few people on here, as well as XDA forums, have received their Otterbox Commuter series cases and have reported that it works fine with the extended battery.

Would anyone care to write up a review / post some pictures. I'd really like to see this case and I know of quite a few others who would as well.

Please?
    See my review and picture assessments on this forum. Thread link below.

Otterbox Commuter Case/VZW Silcone Case + Seidio Surface Holster compatibility

Hope that helps.

Paul.
    Thanked by:

Picking this case up tomorrow.

ROM
    Random ROM/Stock

Does the Commuter case add serious bulk to the phone? I like to keep mine in my pocket so I was curious. I know the Defender case would be a bit too bulky.

I've owned both defenders and commuters for several blackberries and androids.

The commuter is perfect for pocket carry.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

ROM
    Random ROM/Stock

Anyone know if they sell these in stores at all? Haven't checked Best Buy yet but would like to get it sooner at a brick and mortar than later by ordering it online. I know Verizon seems to only carry the Defender.

ROM
    "Shiny" Stock Android

Quote Originally Posted by KarbonKopy View Post
    Anyone know if they sell these in stores at all? Haven't checked Best Buy yet but would like to get it sooner at a brick and mortar than later by ordering it online. I know Verizon seems to only carry the Defender.

I've asked about the commuter at 4 different local Verizon stores and 2 best buys and have not found one. I don't think Verizon carries it at all. Looks like ordering direct is the best option at this point, or you can wait till amazon/best buy starts carrying it.

After watching the video above this case looks like too much for me. Ill be sticking with the VZ Silicon case for the time being.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Random ROM/Stock

Damn, yeah had figured that might be the only option.

OB has a buy one get another 1/2 off until the 3rd....
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,930 Global Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

Question - has anyone noticed the cut away in the silicon for the 3 prong port thing (on the right side of the phone) completely misses those 3 prongs? Is that intentional?

Otherwise, love this product, as I do all Otterbox cases.

Quote Originally Posted by dmmarck View Post
    Question - has anyone noticed the cut away in the silicon for the 3 prong port thing (on the right side of the phone) completely misses those 3 prongs? Is that intentional?
    Yeah I noticed that on my Commuter case (which I use with the 2100 battery and it fits fine) the cutout for the electrical connections is way off. Wonder why that cutout is there to begin with since there is no way the phone would dock with the case on anyways.