Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MrVeda
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    151 Global Posts

Default Cases for Nexus?

Can anyone recommend a good case for the GN that fits over the extended battery? My Verizon store sell 3 different cases but they say non fit over the extended battery. Are there any shops that sell the new GN cases or is it all online to order?

ROM

Default Re: Cases for Nexus?

If you check the Galaxy Nexus Accessories forum, you'll find some good reviews and tips for cases for those that opted for the extended battery.

Here's one that I just found: Video: Verizon Silicone Case w/Extended Battery On Gnex
    Thanked by:
    MrVeda 

Global Posts
    2,956 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bugless Beast 4.1.1

I like the incipio from Verizon. It fits the extended battery too.
    The Storm has cleared to an Incredible day! I ate an IceCream Sandwhich. Still needed JellyBeans. ;-)
    NEXUS!!!!!!
    Thanked by:
    MrVeda 

Global Posts
    569 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP 25/Imoseyon lean 2.2

I wouldn't take their word for it. Open the box and try it. I got the silicone case from the VZW store and it fits just fine with the extended cover.
    Thanked by:
    MrVeda 

Global Posts
    613 Global Posts

The Diztronic case is nice for $10, fits the extended battery also, but the volume button sucks, everytime I pick up the phone, I seem to turn the volume all the way down when I unlock, may cut the volume out with an exacto knife, really annoying.
    fillyo
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 on CM10
    Thanked by:
    MrVeda 
    kds

ROM
    Stock

Most silicone cases will handle it with not much of a problem. It's hard cases you'll need to worry about, but I heard even the Otterbox Defender will fit over the extended battery (going to find out for myself soon).
    Thanked by:
    MrVeda 

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

I tried the diztronics case which fits but the volume buttons suck imho the incipio case is nice buy there is gap between the soft inner case and hard outer case..I personally got there black silicone case from Verizon store as it fits with the extended battery and power and volume buttons are great.. adds very little bulk and easy to grip (wont slip it of your hand).. Also thick enough to protect against damage...
    Thanked by:
    MrVeda 

Quote Originally Posted by fillyo View Post
    The Diztronic case is nice for $10, fits the extended battery also, but the volume button sucks, everytime I pick up the phone, I seem to turn the volume all the way down when I unlock, may cut the volume out with an exacto knife, really annoying.
    If this is the case you bought, check out the update under product description. They'll give you a free replacement for one that'll fit your phone.
    Thanked by:
    MrVeda 
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    151 Global Posts

Awesome - thanks for the advice and great reviews. Leaving now to buy the Incipio case!
    XzombieX66 likes this.

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts

Do you want just a case or do you prefer a case/holster combination?

I just posted a review and several pics of my Seidio Surface case/holster combo in the Galaxy Nexus Accessories forum. You'll find it to be pretty comprehensive.

Seidio Surface Case/Holster w/Extended Battery Review & Pics

The Otterbox Commuter is case only, but very functional and looks great! Silicone inner piece, covered by a hard polycarbonate outer shell. I'm expecting one tomorrow and would love to see it fit into my Seidio Surface holster. (Unlikely, however after assessing the holster first hand)

The Otterbox Defender is another case/holster combo. Built like a tank, but increases bulk significantly. Great for harsh environments.

Hope that helps!
    Thanked by:
    MrVeda 
    Geek Freak

Global Posts
    501 Global Posts

I just received the QUBITS case I bought from Amazon.

The case fits great with the extended battery installed on the VZW gNex. I really like the style of the back of the case. The side grips are very nice and helpful. The case is thin, so it does not detract to much from the size of the phone. Slides in and out of pockets with ease. The cut outs in the case line up very well with the device. the Volume and power keys are covered, which I prefer. The are not very pronounced, so they don't sick out from the case very much at all, Makes it a bit harder to find the buttons by touch some times. I think it's a great buy for $8
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1

Almost every silicone case will fit but Im not sure about hard cases