What's the best DRY screen protector currently available?

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
You do realize I started this thread and specifically asked about DRY screen protectors, right? :D

Having said that, I'd love hear back from you once you applied the Ghost Armor wet-apply
screen protector. I have nothing against it. However, my past experience with them
were less than pleasing, especially the orange peel look that they all have. (the worst
offender being ZAGG, which I had on my iPhone)

If the Ghost Armor protector has a completely smooth surface like the dry-applied
protectors, I wouldn't mind making it my next screen protector. (Galaxy S3, anyone? :) )

Oh no doubt, and I wanted a dry screen as well, just haven't heard any stories yet that have made me want to buy another one. But I can't say enough how bad the Verizon one is, no matter how cheap I think it is a waste of money! I picked the Ghost Armor because I have read and seen pictures of it having no orange peel effect. I hope to have it on sometime next week and I will let you know.

Touchpaddle

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
But I can't say enough how bad the Verizon one is, no matter how cheap I think it is a waste of money! .

I have used many dry-apply screen protectors in the past and IMHO, the Verizon is just
as good as the others. That's why I'm a little confused when you said the Verizon one
is bad.

Just wondering if we're talking about the same one... the one I have was ordered directly from
Verizonwireless.com and is listed as the no-scratch 3-pack for $12.99(or $9.99 if you have
employer corporate discount)

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I have used many dry-apply screen protectors in the past and IMHO, the Verizon is just
as good as the others. That's why I'm a little confused when you said the Verizon one
is bad.

Just wondering if we're talking about the same one... the one I have was ordered directly from
Verizonwireless.com and is listed as the no-scratch 3-pack for $12.99(or $9.99 if you have
employer corporate discount)

It is a 3 pack I got from the Verizon store when I bought the phone, by the way have had it on less then a week and it already has 3 deep scratches and other smaller ones on the protector.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I applied the reearth on amaxon, not great. Waiting on sgp ultracrystal. Also picked up skinomi but didnt put it on yet.
Dont recommend the reearth btw

bplewis24

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I applied the reearth on amaxon, not great. Waiting on sgp ultracrystal. Also picked up skinomi but didnt put it on yet.
Dont recommend the reearth btw

Let me know how the sgp ultracrystal works out. I just received the ZAGG Invisishield and it appears to be a wet-application one. Not sure how I feel about that.

Brandon

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Let me know how the sgp ultracrystal works out. I just received the ZAGG Invisishield and it appears to be a wet-application one. Not sure how I feel about that.

Brandon

Last i checked only sgp oleophobic and (wet app) flex were available, but when the crystal comes out ill order a set. Used those on previous devices, they dont hold up forever but they look and feel like glass. Which is what i like.

ohurvitz

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
I have the Wrapsol and love it. It self-heals small scratches. I've had it on my Nexus S for almost two years.
My only issue is that I did a poor job of putting it on and I have some dirt under it. I guess I will get another one since I love the texture (smooth and very slightly soft) and the scratch resistance.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I have the Wrapsol and love it. It self-heals small scratches. I've had it on my Nexus S for almost two years.
My only issue is that I did a poor job of putting it on and I have some dirt under it. I guess I will get another one since I love the texture (smooth and very slightly soft) and the scratch resistance.

Had it on your Nexus S for almost two years, huh? Lol

ohurvitz

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Yep - that was a brain glitch...
I bought my Nexus S in February of this year. I was thinking of my older phone.
So I had the Wrapsol on since then and am happy with it.
Thanks for jarring my memory.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress