Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By yellowcanary73
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts

Question Otterbox Defender Defect?

I have had two different Otterbox Defender cases with the same problem.

Both have glue oozing out between the screen protector and the plastic frame of the case that is glued on to...in the exact same spot! It is on the right side about two thirds of the way down - probably where the screen curves the most.

I'm not too worried - I just tore off the screen protector and am using it without one for now.

Anyone else seen this on their case?

Global Posts
    1,149 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Otterbox Defender Defect?

How difficult is it to rip out the screen. I am thinking about getting an XO Skin and ripping out the screen on the Defender but do not want to end up breaking the case.

Global Posts
    6,693 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

Quote Originally Posted by dzyuba View Post
    I have had two different Otterbox Defender cases with the same problem.

Both have glue oozing out between the screen protector and the plastic frame of the case that is glued on to...in the exact same spot! It is on the right side about two thirds of the way down - probably where the screen curves the most.

I'm not too worried - I just tore off the screen protector and am using it without one for now.

Anyone else seen this on their case?
    I have the defender case as well and have not had that happen.Also from my past experience with otterbox if you had called CS they probably would have replaced the cases .

I had a case replaced once for another phone and wasnt required to even send my defective case back,that case would snap closed properly around the phone.

Maybe they will replace your cases to but just dont tell them you ripped off the built in screen protector,and ask if you need to send other one back while you on the phone .I think I talked with the main person in CS a few years ago when I did have an issue as mentioned above.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckG73 View Post
    How difficult is it to rip out the screen. I am thinking about getting an XO Skin and ripping out the screen on the Defender but do not want to end up breaking the case.
    If you really want to do that I would use a razr blade( the style that are in box cutters),and wouldnt have an issue with breaking the case.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckG73 View Post
    Believe it or not, I just pushed it off from the front and then I removed the glue residue. I was surprised it came off that easy.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by davidnc View Post

Maybe they will replace your cases to but just dont tell them you ripped off the built in screen protector,and ask if you need to send other one back while you on the phone .I think I talked with the main person in CS a few years ago when I did have an issue as mentioned above.
    I did get another case from them with the same issue. Initially I thought the other one was good but after several days it started to look the same. Dust would get stuck to the glue and wiping it off would smear it and make it worse.

It is not a big deal for me - just wondering about other people's experience with this case.
    Last edited by dzyuba; 12-30-2011 at 09:03 AM.

Yep mine is doing the same thing in that very spot.
    dzyuba likes this.

Global Posts
    6,693 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

Oh my bad I thought you had two phones each with an otterbox defender case on .
    I guess I gotta lucky on my case then since others have had the samething as you did