extended battery results?

S281

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
So, since most people have an extended battery now, has anybody actually tested it against the regular battery to see how much longer it actually lasts?

Noble.Four

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
So, since most people have an extended battery now, has anybody actually tested it against the regular battery to see how much longer it actually lasts?

I honestly didn't notice a big difference. I'm probably just going to exchange it for the regular one with the charger so I don't have to deal with my case not fitting as snugly.

Rabble rabble rabble.

Small_law

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I see a minor improvement, and I'd rather use it full time, but it's staying in the box until a case made to fit the extended battery and cover comes out. Sure some cases will fit, but I don't want to stress the phone's frame by cramming on a case made to fit the stock battery and cover. This is my baby after all.

SuperChargedJ

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I can see an improved difference between the extended and normal battery. I've been using my phone all weekend taking a lot of photos, using GPS and Facebook and I am impressed.

geocurt

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm having a problem that my phone still sees the extended battery as a 1750 so I'm not getting the full use out of it (determined this with battery monitor widget from the android market).

Have not found a solution for this yet.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm having a problem that my phone still sees the extended battery as a 1750 so I'm not getting the full use out of it (determined this with battery monitor widget from the android market).

Have not found a solution for this yet.

Did you wipe your battery stats when ext batt was at full?

I get about 1 to 2 hrs extra juice, depending on use (generalky, screen on time) with ext.

geocurt

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Sorry - I'm a bit 'battery dumb.'

I'll tell you exactly what I did. I put the battery in the phone Sunday. Accidentally turned it on when doing that. Turned it off immediately and charged the phone to full.

Have been looking for a solution to poor battery life and at xda they recommeded installing battery monitor widget, which I did. One of the things this app does is read the battery's max capacity as determined by the OS - which is displaying as 1750 instead of 2200. It's like my phone doesn't recognize the additional capacity of the extended battery.

If there is somewhere to wipe battery stats or something I should've done, I'm not aware of it.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Since I picked up the phone I have been using the extend battery so I can't compare between the two. I seem to be averaging around 10% every 1 1/2 to 2 hours which is much better then any Android device I have had. Finally I don't need to worry about carrying around an extra battery or charger.

FrogVomit

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
You get 13.5% more juice. I bought one, and have gone back to the standard battery. It made the phone feel considerably bulkier to me, and the standard battery always makes it through my day. Good to have a spare if I decide to go camping or something.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Sorry - I'm a bit 'battery dumb.'

I'll tell you exactly what I did. I put the battery in the phone Sunday. Accidentally turned it on when doing that. Turned it off immediately and charged the phone to full.

Have been looking for a solution to poor battery life and at xda they recommeded installing battery monitor widget, which I did. One of the things this app does is read the battery's max capacity as determined by the OS - which is displaying as 1750 instead of 2200. It's like my phone doesn't recognize the additional capacity of the extended battery.

If there is somewhere to wipe battery stats or something I should've done, I'm not aware of it.

There is an app called battery calibration in market - you charge batt to 100, unplug then reset batt stats. Then, let the battery run down lowbefore you charge again. Might help.

Reactions: geocurt

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I won't get one for all the reviews I see. Thank god the battery charges up quick for me. Pretty impressive.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

geocurt

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, unfortunately mine charges down pretty quickly too...

I'm getting around 6 hours off of my extended - having fun all over the internet looking for a solution.

skinnytoo2

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
After installing juice defender I've seen a considerable difference with the extended battery. Probably a few extra hours. I can now last the entire day (14-15 hours). I have BT and wifi on all day. So now I get to enjoy the device as intended.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I was using juice defender, but stopped. It stops the phones‘ mobile use while asleep. While great, took my Nexus forever to get the 3g signal back when turned back on. Not sure if my phone or just an update needed on the app side.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

thelonghop

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I was using juice defender, but stopped. It stops the phones? mobile use while asleep. While great, took my Nexus forever to get the 3g signal back when turned back on. Not sure if my phone or just an update needed on the app side.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

I was having that same problem which seems like a problem with the phone. If the 3G signal is not strong it has trouble re-aquiring it once it's lost.