1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default any good armbands that fit this monster?

I bought one for my TBolt when I was planning on getting the Nexus, hoping it would fit... But the Nexus is just to long for the case and sticks out the top....

Anyone found a good armband that can be used for running?

Thanx
    Danny

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts

The size of this phone is big and makes it difficult to find a good fitting armband. I have been using an armband I picked up at Walmart. The branding is Phillips, yes the same as the electronics maker, but I doubt Phillips actually makes the armband. I suspect they are just licensing out their name to be put on the armband. This particular armband is more of a stretchy spandex pocket that fits on your bicep. It does not have a clear plastic screen like most, but you can see the screen through the stretched fabric. The screen is also touch responsive through the spandex fabric. Because the armband is stretchy, it barely fits the Galaxy Nexus with a case on. At first I had to wear this armband with the phone up-side-down due to the location of the head phone jack, but I recently upgraded to Bluetooth headphones so I am back to wearing the phone right-side up.

I have also read good things about Tunbelt armbands. Model AB84 or AB85 will be the closest fit, but I don't have any personal experience Tunebelt.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    242 Global Posts

Default Re: any good armbands that fit this monster?

Waiting for something to come out as well...

ROM
    Codename 1.1.1/franco 12

When I'm at the gym I just keep in in my pocket. I think the GN is way too big for an armband.

Global Posts
    242 Global Posts

For the most part i do too. Can't do that when I'm doing deads or barbell shrugs.

I bought an armband for the Bionic I had for a few months....decided to hang onto it instead of throwing it in with the rest of the Bionic accessories I sold to a buddy of mine.....the Gnex fits in this armband pretty decently, although it's not quite as "snug" of a fit like the Bionic was, my guess being due to the thickness difference between the devices. The other thing is that (while I haven't actually used this in practice yet....haven't started my get-back-in-shape/lose-weight new years resolution yet....lol!) since the headphone jack on the Gnex is on the bottom, I'll have to put the phone in "upside down" probably. But I really don't think that will cause too much of an issue with performance or anything.

So now I see this thread after bumping an earlier one. I may check out the Tune Belt band at some point:

http://www.amazon.com/Otterbox-Defen...idcentral00-20

Says it fits the GNEX but I'm not seeing any customer reviews to confirm it.

ROM
    AOKP + Franco's

Quote Originally Posted by philosopherisdog View Post
    So now I see this thread after bumping an earlier one. I may check out the Tune Belt band at some point:

http://www.amazon.com/Otterbox-Defen...idcentral00-20

Says it fits the GNEX but I'm not seeing any customer reviews to confirm it.
    I just looked and there is a review about the Galaxy Nexus: Amazon Review

I'm gonna get one cause I've been looking since I got the phone.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

let us know how it works....
    thanx
    danny

Global Posts
    184 Global Posts

I use the Tune belt AB84 on a daily basis, phone fits pretty good. Its not perfect, I think it was meant for a smaller but fatter phone. Reaching the very edges of the screen are the only issue, and its not really a huge problem for me just takes more concentration.

ROM
    Rooted/Stock

Quote Originally Posted by dcastillo View Post
    I bought one for my TBolt when I was planning on getting the Nexus, hoping it would fit... But the Nexus is just to long for the case and sticks out the top....

Anyone found a good armband that can be used for running?

Thanx
    Danny
    TuneBelt ab86 is made for the GNex.

hands down no substitute. That is all.
    Thanked by:
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

very interesting concept... but not for me...would be cool to design a similar style armband