Seidio 3800MAH for LTE GNEX

isosunrise

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I am currently only on the 2nd cycle charge cycle of Seidio's 3800mah. For the 1st charge cycle, I got two days of usage with 4G/GPS on (I have great 4G coverage in San Francisco, connected to 4G 99% of the time). I literally had to drain the remaining 20% battery by leaving the screen on and streaming Pandora on the second night so I can charge the phone overnight. I am a heavy texter, emailer, and internet browser, but probably only use 30-60m talk time per day; I have two email accounts that are pushed, 4 other email accounts that check every hour, most of my Google stuff is auto sync, and auto brightness. In comparison to the Samsung's 2100mah battery, I typically have about 20-30% left at the end of the day, so essentially the Seidio is indeed double. I am sure the battery life will be longer after a few charge cycles. Also, if I had use wifi instead of 4G, I probably might make it to 2.5-3 days! I was using 4G only just so I can "drain" the phone faster. Will keep you guys posted.

Skyboxer, the battery is just a thicker battery (think double)... so if you find a thick enough case, you shoudl be able to modify it as before. I believe Seidio also has a case for the 3800mah, but I carry all my phones bare, no covers, no cases.

Last edited:

isosunrise

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I actually never measured how long it took to charge because I left it overnight (Seidio suggested leaving a few more hours after 100%). If I had to estimate, I am guessing from 0-100% in about 3-4 hours based on some glacing (and number of tv shows I was watching). I will get a more accurate measurement next time.

Reactions: p08757

isosunrise

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Few charge cycles in now... performance-wise, the battery is great. It lasts me 2 days easily with medium usage... with 4G/GPS on, auto brightness and 2 push email accounts. On heavy usage, it will last me about 1.5 days. I find that as long as I don't turn the phone around and look at the back; I am happy. I am keeping it as my main battery for peace of mind - and will probably 'upgrade' to a better looking battery door in the future if something else comes along. Functionality over beauty for now.

albokay

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone heard about the extended batteries they sell on ebay from hong Kong? They are real cheap but it reeks of "you get what you pay for"

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

isosunrise

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I keep forgetting to check how long it takes to charge bec I charge overnight. Last time, It took about 1 hour for 50% on a 2mA charger (I was watching Shameless, so its an estimate).

I'll keep note of the screen on-time next.

I saw the chinese ones on eBay... first, I don't think they are compatible with the Nexus LTE. Second, yeah, I don't usually trust chinese batteries.

ShinyTop

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Personally I am waiting for early adopters to talk about their battery life. So far have seen nothing but complaints.

ShinyTop

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
That's what I expected but I read a post or two from people who got nothing like that which is why I was asking. I think I can live with the added bulk but did not want to spend that money if it would not make a dramatic difference.

albokay

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I just bought one and its charging overnight. Ill report the first run.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

MRGQ

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
I think ill get this for the Gnex even tho i get ok battery life so far...but this will be good to be on the road!

albokay

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
a6f81031-5803-4fbf.jpg

So far its not too stellar. Average use with facebook and words with friends. Still its thr first run so im hoping once it breaks in ill see better.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

5h4un360

May 11, 2011
Visit site
So mine came in the mail couple days ago and I got this with pretty much heavy use like Facebook, twitter and watch several YouTube videos

4c1258b4-69d9-5ef8.jpg

albokay

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
a6f81084-a573-9b49.jpg

Well battery is just about dead. Im hoping it will last longer in the next few days cause as of now its not the uptime id like.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senkajo