Does the Case Mate Pop add more bulk than the Diztronic TPU cases

CFD323

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I've got the Verizon silicone/gel case and I was looking to get either the Diztronic or Case Mate Pop case. Just wondering for those in the know, is the Case Mate Pop bulkier/bigger than the Verizon or Diztronic TPU cases?

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Re: Does the Case Mate Pop add more bulk than the Diztronic TPU c

I've got the Verizon silicone/gel case and I was looking to get either the Diztronic or Case Mate Pop case. Just wondering for those in the know, is the Case Mate Pop bulkier/bigger than the Verizon or Diztronic TPU cases?

I have a Diztronic right now and a Pop on the way. If you can wait until tomorrow or Saturday when it arrives I can post pics.
I think the Pop will be bigger.

FYI, the POP is being redesigned and will ship end of the month. The ones out there now don't have wide enough openings at the usb port and no opening for the second mic on the back.

The Diztronics have been replaced because the originals had volume button locations that didn't line up correctly.

Both cases are being replaced free of charge to customers, but the pics I will post will be of the intial cases, not the updated ones. The thickness won't change but it gives you an idea.

CFD323

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site

Cool, def interested in the diff between the 2 cases.

jorGeorge

May 16, 2011
Visit site

I have a Diztronic right now and a Pop on the way. If you can wait until tomorrow or Saturday when it arrives I can post pics.
I think the Pop will be bigger.

FYI, the POP is being redesigned and will ship end of the month. The ones out there now don't have wide enough openings at the usb port and no opening for the second mic on the back.

The Diztronics have been replaced because the originals had volume button locations that didn't line up correctly.

Both cases are being replaced free of charge to customers, but the pics I will post will be of the intial cases, not the updated ones. The thickness won't change but it gives you an idea.
I was going to wait for that pop or tough case but 3-4 weeks (as told by a CS rep who emailed me today) is way too long. Gonna have to go with seidio..

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

It is a bit bigger but I really like it.
They will be shipping me a replacement for free when it comes out so I think I can live with the noise cancelling mic being covered for a bit.
No problem with extended battery and cover. My zagg is getting replaced but when that comes back I will have to be careful. The diztronic screen protector is short around the edges of the device whereas the zagg is a perfect fit. Too perfect which may get squished in the corners a bit.
I will post pics a bit later.
I would get the pop if you can and then put in for a replacement when it comes in.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
At first I thought noticeably but only in width. Turns out its not much different bezels come up a bit higher and thicker then the other case. Right now verizon car chargers don't fit with this case. Motorola micro USB cords, HTC incredible chargers and the Samsung chargers work.
Its a keeper and will rock when the replacement comes. The grip on the sides is good. Back is slick so its a bit tricky to use one handed.

Diztronic is a nice case in a slightly slimmer package, but the POP has more protection.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk