Diztronic - TPU Case

lembowski

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Just wanted to give a big thumbs up to this seller. The only issue I had with this case was that the down volume key would sometimes get hit in the case without me touching it because the TPU over the volume button wasn't cut perfectly.

I went on to Amazon to write a review of the case and I saw where someone mentioned that Diztronic would swap out the "Rev1" case with the new "Rev3" case with the volume button cutout.

I emailed them, received a response within only a few hours, I then recieved the replacement case in the mail after only 2 days. Can't say enough how pleased I am with the support given and the case is absolutely perfect with the volume button cut out.

Jdm4292

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Whao what? I emailed them and said if they ever got one with volume cutout I would ship this one back and the guy said they wouldnt. Ever. I was po'ed. So they have it with cutout now?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

ellisz

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
I sent them a message via Amazon as well and complained of the volume rocker and they immediately sent a reply back saying that they would send a Rev. 3 model which as the volume rocker cut out. I got it 2 days later. It is perfect.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Got my rev3 today. For ten bucks this case rules. Easy off and in. Fits ext battery. Notreally into cases but had to get something to protect this thing at least some of the time.
Very pleased.

Jdm4292

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I had a long conversation with clay from diztronic who decided amazon would give me a refund instead of just shipping me the 3rd revision which I asked for about 12 times. Haven't heard anything from either, but if I ever get my refund I'm gonna order the rev3

lembowski

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I had a long conversation with clay from diztronic who decided amazon would give me a refund instead of just shipping me the 3rd revision which I asked for about 12 times. Haven't heard anything from either, but if I ever get my refund I'm gonna order the rev3

Sounds like what they posted on their site:

If you are contacting us about a replacement for a revision 1 Galaxy Nexus Case unfortunately we cannot accommodate anymore replacement requests until January 16th. If you emailed us on Jan 3rd or earlier we are working hard to respond to all requests. Requests made after the 3rd will unfortunately not be able to be addressed until we return from the CES 2012 Convention on Jan 16th. If your order was shipped by Amazon you may wish to return the case to them for a refund and re-order a revision 3 case directly from them. They will have revision 3 inventory in stock for Matte Black and Matte Smoke sometime between 1/6 and 1/9, and all other styles between 1/10 and 1/12. When returning to Amazon please make sure you select "defective" as the return reason so they do not put the older revision cases back into inventory. Amazon also will pay return shipping on the return. Please accept our apologies for this inconvenience.

Diztronic :: Support Ticket System

jafels

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Me and my wife have the diztronic without the cutout. I have the extended battery...she does not. We did not have a problem with phantom volume presses.....however the case did make the button fairly sensitive. I am now using a seidio surface case. Quite honestly the diztronic tpu case is just as nice if not nicer. It feels better in the hand and looks almost identical. I prefer the surface case by just a hair in the looks department...but much prefer the diztronic for feel. As far as protection i would say its a tie. The surface case is a hard case but its pretty flimsy....obviously im not going to test it...but just on looks and feel i would say they offer about the same protection. Its a tossup for me and I may just go back to the diztronic because i like the grippy feel of it better. Anyway, if your looking for scratch protection and light fall protection im not sure you can do any better than the diztronic....especially for ten bucks.

MrBigFeathers

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
So is the rev 3 the only one available from Amazon now? Or is there still a chance you would get a 1 or 2?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Jdm4292

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
They'Re currently unavailable in matte black they seller says they are trying to move the last 80 or so revision 2 units before selling rev 3 on tuesday, its a mixedbag

_JKK_

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Just wanted to give a big thumbs up to this seller. The only issue I had with this case was that the down volume key would sometimes get hit in the case without me touching it because the TPU over the volume button wasn't cut perfectly.

I went on to Amazon to write a review of the case and I saw where someone mentioned that Diztronic would swap out the "Rev1" case with the new "Rev3" case with the volume button cutout.

I emailed them, received a response within only a few hours, I then recieved the replacement case in the mail after only 2 days. Can't say enough how pleased I am with the support given and the case is absolutely perfect with the volume button cut out.

I had the exact same experience. Very pleased with them. It's between this case and the Incipio one as to which case is my favorite.

Hondo_Lane

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm still using the original TPU case, I did take a razor knife and cut out the area for the volume rocker. Works great now. I do use this with the extended battery and the verizon holster and it works well.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
which verizon holster?
I have the smoke grey Diztronic case and received version 3 today.

Don't even think I am going to use it. Got the bad casemate pop (they are giving me a new one when the fix the openings for free) and even though it's a tad bigger, I actually love it.

Don't get me wrong the Diztronic case is great for the price, but another member sold me the pop and it's working great.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
which verizon holster?
I have the smoke grey Diztronic case and received version 3 today.

Don't even think I am going to use it. Got the bad casemate pop (they are giving me a new one when the fix the openings for free) and even though it's a tad bigger, I actually love it.

Don't get me wrong the Diztronic case is great for the price, but another member sold me the pop and it's working great.

NateDizzy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Let me try that smoked Diztronic case out if you really dont want it. I too am holding out til the revised POP case comes available. how about atleast some good side by side shots of them?

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Let me try that smoked Diztronic case out if you really dont want it. I too am holding out til the revised POP case comes available. how about atleast some good side by side shots of them?

Done. Started a new thread. Will take pics of the new tpu one too. I really like the pop.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

NNate

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
I have the rev. 3 case on my phone right now. I wouldn't call it grippy - maybe slightly more than the phone itself, but it's hard to say for sure.