Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default inductive charging options

hello all. was wondering if there were yet any inductive charging options for the nexus. does anyone know if companies like powermat are going to be making solutions for our phone?

ROM
    Vicious JellyBean 4.1.1

Default Re: inductive charging options

Nothing yet as of right now. Apparently there's an inductive car mount for the GSM GN coming out soon but nothing quite yet for us

Global Posts
    709 Global Posts
    ROM
    GNex: CM10. N7: stock

The problem we will face is that it won't be as simple as replacing the battery door, it would take a whole new battery with contacts on it that would be activated by the induction. Phones like the thunderbolt had contacts inside, and just needed a new door. It would be really awesome, but with the new battery, door, and then mat we would probably be out about $100.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    Mobile Enthusiast

Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP JB B1/Franco M5

Quote Originally Posted by Comineeyeaha View Post
    The problem we will face is that it won't be as simple as replacing the battery door, it would take a whole new battery with contacts on it that would be activated by the induction. Phones like the thunderbolt had contacts inside, and just needed a new door. It would be really awesome, but with the new battery, door, and then mat we would probably be out about $100.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    Not to mention that you would also likely lose the NFC ability unless the company who made this product went out of their way to take this into account.

There is a mod in this forum to use parts from a Palm inductive system. I'll be giving it a try once the parts come in!