HDMI Out Options

Jasper

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I am coming from the Droid Bionic (waiting on Galaxy nexus in the mail) and am used to just plugging in the Micro HDMI chord in the phone, Problem is the Galaxy Nexus doesn't use the Micro HDMI port.

My understanding is that it uses the charging port to output HDMI, but I can not seem to find a chord for the Galaxy Nexus that has the charging port on one side and HDMI on the other.

There is also a docking station that uses the 3 Gold pins on the side supposebly to charge the phone and can output HDMI, anyone have any insight on this? Does it really output 1080 video as well as sound through the 3 Gold Pins?
Samsung? (OEM) Multimedia Desktop Dock For Verizon Samsung GALAXY Nexus SCH-I515,Verizon Google GALAXY Nexus SCH-I515

Any help is greatly appreciated, cant wait to get my hands on this phone.

Cigar-Junkie

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
the three contact points are charging and status like your in car dock mode. HDMI has many conductors and is not possible on three contact points.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Jasper

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
the three contact points are charging and status like your in car dock mode. HDMI has many conductors and is not possible on three contact points.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

That's what I would have thought. So the link in the original post shows the dock station with and HDMI out port in the back, and the only thing connecting the phone to the dock is the 3 Gold pins... So what am i missing? Please take a look at the pictures in the link and read what it says, how is that possible?

NorCalStorm

Oct 31, 2009
www.twitter.com
This dock does not have hdmi, but the vertical dock does. There are two docks coming out for the Nexus which have been delayed. Sucks. So in the meantime I purchased the Samsung MHL adapter to get my Nexus connected to my t.v. via HDMI. Just go to amazon and search Samsung MHL adapter. Works great.