Tetrax magnet on SGN

DCoy82

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Has anybody tried the tetrax mounts yet with their galaxy nexus? Before I purchase one I'm curious of two things.

1. How well does the the magnet stick to the battery door since its textured? I have an extra cover that I'll use simply for this.
2. Does the magnet interfere with the NFC at all?

dcastillo

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
i have one that I used on my thunderbolt, but havent decided if I want to stick it to my nexus just yet.... I dont have and extra battery door...

Anyone got one I could have? :)

DCoy82

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
i have one that I used on my thunderbolt, but havent decided if I want to stick it to my nexus just yet.... I dont have and extra battery door...

Anyone got one I could have? :)

They are only 3 or 4 bucks shipped on verizon's website or just call in and order one. I went ahead and ordered the Tetrax and remain pessimistic that it's not going to work. Someone from another forum said he didn't have to good of luck. If it don't work I'm going to just put it on a smooth case.

My biggest worry is it interfering with the NFC and/or compass.

jcwarren217

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I was very interested in using this mount so I bought a FIXWAY. I installed it this afternoon and I also tried it out on my tab 10.1 as well. Pics are attached so you can see how it looks.

The mount seems nice. Overall I am very happy with it. The mount works in landscape and portrait but if I have any cords attached in the bottom then the phone becomes too heavy for the mount and it only holds in the portrait orientation. I also mounted the metal button pretty high on the phone so if the button was more centered on the phone then I'm sure it would balance better.

Here is the FIXWAY on my dash:
259k4nr.jpg

The fix way can be detached whenever and the only thing left is the metal square that is left fixed
2wcl4s6.jpg

The metal button on the back of my nexus case
2ex10cy.jpg

Nexus in Portrait
25qrbq1.jpg

Nexus in Landscape
2v8idcz.jpg

Button on Tab 10.1
2dv20si.jpg

Tab 10.1 in Portrait
2vt4g2t.jpg

Tab 10.1 in Landscape
15rf5kz.jpg

If you have any questions or any image requests let me know and I will try my best to hep you out

AverageCanadian

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
There has been a few pages of discussion about this on XDA forums. Without a case the two sided tape will not stick to the back of the Nexus very well. After a short period of time it will come off.

The Tetrax system is great overall but you'll need a case if you plan on using it for any significant period of time.

dcastillo

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if the magnet will mess with the NFC at all?
I know it stops the internal compass from working while connected, but thats understandable...

I just dont want any lasting/permanent damage done...

thanx
Danny

mastervm

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if the magnet will mess with the NFC at all?
I know it stops the internal compass from working while connected, but thats understandable...

I just dont want any lasting/permanent damage done...

thanx
Danny

Watch the video from Tetrax's FAQ page. About a minute in, they demonstrate how the magnetic field works. I tried it myself and it was proof enough for me that my device would be safe. NFC still works to buy my coffee. Great mount.

Video: Tetrax magnetism residual - YouTube
Tetrax FAQ: Tetrax - XWAY, EGO, GEO, FIX, FIXWAY, XCASE - FAQ

sisblub

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
So do you have to buy a mount unit and an accessories kit? Or does the part that sticks on the phone come with the purchase of the mount?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I have debated on this mount for years since I had the soundgate mount.
35.00 is a lot for this puppy but it may work better then my grip it cup holder mount.
Problem I have is finding a spot to locate it on my dash....

6956032991_1751a9d46a.jpg