1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    243 Global Posts
    ROM
    rooted

Default ProClip Car Mount (video)

I just received my ProClip powered car mount for my Verizon Galaxy Nexus.

I've seen a lot of questions about whether it fits with the extended battery, a case, etc.

Yes to the extended battery and no to a case. I love it just the same.

[YT]5gFh6bDxMJY[/YT]
    VZW GS3..:..rooted CM10
    Nexus 4 on T-Mobile..:..rooted

Nexus 7..:..rooted
    BillStebbins.com
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts

Nice job with the video. I installed my first ProClip a few weeks ago and I love it. My ProClip does not have the power cord but it is adjustable to allow for a slim fitting case. Because my ProClip is adjustable, I have to manually insert my power cord when I set my GN in the ProClip. Wish there was a ProClip that provided power and supported the use of a case. Either way I agree that ProClip is a terrific product. Thanks for sharing your video.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Default Re: ProClip Car Mount (video)

Very helpful report and video. I'm anticipating a GN in my future, and looks like the ProClip is a well designed and supported product. Now I just have to weigh the pros and cons of the fixed unit vs the adjustable one, but that will keep me entertained until my cell upgrade is available.

Says right there on the product page you :

"This holder won't work with the Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus !"

What gives?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    243 Global Posts
    ROM
    rooted

Quote Originally Posted by k5 View Post
    Says right there on the product page you :

"This holder won't work with the Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus !"

What gives?
    I'm confused. My video says that this product is item number 512331, which is not the item number you linked to above.

Where did you see that I linked to the GSM version?

BillStebbins.com

Quote Originally Posted by Aguaski View Post
    Nice job with the video. I installed my first ProClip a few weeks ago and I love it. My ProClip does not have the power cord but it is adjustable to allow for a slim fitting case. Because my ProClip is adjustable, I have to manually insert my power cord when I set my GN in the ProClip. Wish there was a ProClip that provided power and supported the use of a case. Either way I agree that ProClip is a terrific product. Thanks for sharing your video.

Good to hear. Thinking about getting the adjustable one as well. Do you think it would fit the GNex with a case like this:

Amazon.com: Black - Cruzer Lite Androidified A2 High Gloss TPU Soft Gel Skin Case - For Galaxy Nexus by Samsung (Verizon Wireless) [Cruzer Lite Retail Packaging]: Cell Phones & Accessories

Any more advice you can give on the product would be appreciated.

Thanks,

HD

i do not own the proclip mount, as im still waiting for mine to be shipped to me. but i can say 99.9% positive that it will not fit any cases
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    243 Global Posts
    ROM
    rooted

Quote Originally Posted by Kancerstick View Post
    i do not own the proclip mount, as im still waiting for mine to be shipped to me. but i can say 99.9% positive that it will not fit any cases
    They do offer an adjustable mount that will work with cases (I have one of those also), but it's not powered.

BillStebbins.com

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts

Correct, the adjustable cradle will work with a case. That is what I use and it works perfect. The adjustable cradle is such a good fit that it is actually more like a semi-custom cradle for the Nexus. The only downside to the adjustable cradle is that it lacks built in power for charging, but you can still plug in your own regular charger. If I always went naked then I would opt for the exact fitting custom cradle, but using a case at all times is important to me, so the semi-custom cradle is my preference.