1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    243 Global Posts
    ROM
    rooted

Default $20 Desktop charger for Galaxy Nexus (pics)

Bought an inexpensive desktop dock on Amazon for my Galaxy Nexus. Received it today.

*The Good:*

It was $20
    Comes with a USB transfer cable as well as a 1.5A wall charger.
    Removable inner casing to allow docking with a case on (at least in the description)
    Spare battery charger port in back

*The Bad:*
    Cannot dock my phone with either case on it. Must be naked.
    Spare battery port does not work with Verizon battery
    No audio port for 3.5mm out

If you have a Verizon Galaxy Nexus, it is useful only as a desktop charging/syncing dock as long as you're not using a case.

For $20 it's fine, but I'm a bit disappointed that it didn't work with a case and that the spare battery slot is useless to me.

Anyway, here's the Amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/RND-Power-Solu...idcentral00-20
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails  Desktop charger for Galaxy Nexus (pics)-img_5126.jpg    Desktop charger for Galaxy Nexus (pics)-img_5128.jpg    Desktop charger for Galaxy Nexus (pics)-img_5134.jpg    Desktop charger for Galaxy Nexus (pics)-img_5133.jpg    Desktop charger for Galaxy Nexus (pics)-img_5125.jpg  

VZW GS3..:..rooted CM10
    Nexus 4 on T-Mobile..:..rooted

Nexus 7..:..rooted
    BillStebbins.com
    Thanked by 2:
    Robots Will Kill

Global Posts
    11,964 Global Posts

Default Re: $20 Desktop charger for Galaxy Nexus (pics)

I almost went with that one but decided to stick with the Seidio. The Seidio Innodock JR works with cases and extended batteries.
    http://www.shopandroid.com/seidio-in.../6A39A6469.htm
    It's made for Seidio cases but works pretty much with any case since the Seidio cases are kind of bulky.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vanilla

I heard that a piece detaches from where u dock the phone to create extra space for cases like the moto docks

Quote Originally Posted by URPREY View Post
    Bought an inexpensive desktop dock on Amazon for my Galaxy Nexus. Received it today.

*The Good:*

It was $20
    Comes with a USB transfer cable as well as a 1.5A wall charger.
    Removable inner casing to allow docking with a case on (at least in the description)
    Spare battery charger port in back

*The Bad:*
    Cannot dock my phone with either case on it. Must be naked.
    Spare battery port does not work with Verizon battery
    No audio port for 3.5mm out

If you have a Verizon Galaxy Nexus, it is useful only as a desktop charging/syncing dock as long as you're not using a case.

For $20 it's fine, but I'm a bit disappointed that it didn't work with a case and that the spare battery slot is useless to me.

Anyway, here's the Amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/RND-Power-Solu...idcentral00-20
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    243 Global Posts
    ROM
    rooted

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalDroid View Post
    I heard that a piece detaches from where u dock the phone to create extra space for cases like the moto docks
    It does detach but is still too snug to use with my Qbits or Diztronics cases.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk
    VZW GS3..:..rooted CM10
    Nexus 4 on T-Mobile..:..rooted

Nexus 7..:..rooted
    BillStebbins.com