Casemate Pop?

mozzarella72

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking of getting the casemate pop case, but ive heard conflicting reviews. Some say it doesnt work with the included charger, and some say it does fit. Also i heard something about the second mic being wrongfully covered up? And does it fit with the extended battery. Anyone who has one care to share?

Its not sold on casemates website which seems a little weird.

CaseMate

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I was thinking of getting the casemate pop case, but ive heard conflicting reviews. Some say it doesnt work with the included charger, and some say it does fit. Also i heard something about the second mic being wrongfully covered up? And does it fit with the extended battery. Anyone who has one care to share?

Its not sold on casemates website which seems a little weird.

We took the Pop! and Tough Cases off our site temporarily for remodeling. They should be up on our site within about 3 weeks! The updated cases will fit both the CDMA and GSM Versions.

Jasper

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
We took the Pop! and Tough Cases off our site temporarily for remodeling. They should be up on our site within about 3 weeks! The updated cases will fit both the CDMA and GSM Versions.

Are they opening up the Headphone jack cutout as many have noted this has been an issue (too small), and are they adding the noise canceling speaker cutout in the back for the LTE version? If so i would be very interested in them.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Cases will be arriving next week! I am sure they will be shipping shortly thereafter.
The existing one fits my extended battery and case fine.

The new case will have the wider cutout at the usb port, the second mic and speaker phone as well.
I just placed a phone call to the CS Supervisor to verify it since they are 3 weeks behind schedule.

Reactions: acura_speed
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Nice...I like it...I took the old one off because it covered the speaker and second mic but as soon as the replacement ships that baby goes back on.

Even better, the case fits in my garmin gps clip so I can use the bean bag stand as a holder in the car...love these cases.

Ftnguyen1

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
My Case-mate pop just came in, for some reason it was packaged in the Barely There packing for a blackberry curve with a green sticker covering up the blackberry part. Its definitely the Pop case for the Galaxy Nexus though. Fits nice and snug on my LTE Gnex with the oem extended battery and cover. Has cutouts for the regular mic, noise cancelling mic, back speaker, micro usb port, and headphone jack. The cutout for the usb port is pretty large, easily fits the oem cable and fits my monoprice cable which did not fit in my diztronic tpu case. The headphone jack is just a circle and makes it pretty recessed, but it was still able to fit UE triplefi 10s with a little effort since they have an L shaped plug. Overall its just slightly thicker in all dimensions then the diztronic tpu but feels more protective and has better grip.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I just got two replacements for one :) no packaging for me. just came in two different very small cardboard sleeves in a ziplock.

It works. The headphone jack isn't really a circle. It's more of a screwed up elipse :)

I forgot how tight they go on for the first few times but after that it's butter.

mldiroff

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
After trying the Seidio Convert/Surface, a case from Best Buy, the Verizon/Incipio Double Cover, the Pop case came and it's fantastic. Good grip, doesn't add too much weight, but feels secure, looks good, fits great. Best case yet.