What headphones are you using?

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
I've been looking for a set of earbuds to use with my galaxy nexus. Right now I'm using iphone earbuds but the remote launches the music app instead of voice control. The quality sucks too. Has anyone found a set of earbuds that works great with the nexus?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I use skullcandy titans. Sound great but there is no voice control. I didn't find the OEM ear buds to sound that well

killroy420

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I use LG hbs-700 bluetooth stereo headsets. Best buds in their class I have found (I will never buy a mono bluetooth set).

They are comfortable, sound great, can transition easily to mono or stereo listening as the ear pieces store via magnetic clips on the set when not in use. The battery easily lasts me all day with heavy use as well. And the best part is they go for only $40-50 on Amazon.

The set has buttons for ending/receiving calls (that also activates voice dialing!), volume controls, as well as music play back controls ( pause and seek buttons). My only complaint would be how android handles these controls...the only apps I have found the pause/start button to work correctly is in the stock music player and Google music app (not third party apps like podkicker, for instance).

If pure sound quality is what you are looking for, then I wouldn't buy ANY bluetooth stereo headsets, but for shear convenience, awesomeness, and a good balance in sound quality, the LG hbs-700s can't be beat (imho).

Turbod

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm using a cheap set of Skull Candy for basic listening. I picked up a set of Motorola S10HD for working out. I like them both, but I don't ask for much because I'm no audiophile.

StuckwVerizon

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
I am using this like 8 years old bluetooth headphone. Blue Ant X5. They don't make this any more btw.

nikonjunkie

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Was wondering the same thing myself. I have two new sets of iPhone earbuds (from iPod, not iPhone!) and while they worked wonderfully with my Nexus One, I'm told the caller on the other end hears him/herself echo when I'm using them with the Galaxy Nexus. The original GN earbuds sound very tinny and just fall out of my ears.

So, I need something that has great sound for music that also fits in the external ear opening like the iPod earbuds--I use these all over the city, so I don't want anything expanding into the ear canal and blocking out all sound. Small form factor like the iPod earbuds would be a plus. Needs an in-line mic since half the time I'm speaking on the phone and half the time I'm using them for music.

Those jellyfish-shaped earpieces like on the Skullcandys don't seem to ever fit me--even the Skullcandy sets that come with multiple sizes. Is this asking for too much? Can't figure why the iPod earbuds would generate an echo on the other end . . .

nikonjunkie

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Do your iPod earbuds cause an echo for the other caller? Mine (with in-line mic) do, although I hear perfect sound with no echoes on my end.

Danv1369

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I use a cheap pair of skull candy earbuds at the office and a pair of Earbanger ear buds when away from the office.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I have 3 pairs...SkullCandy FMJ's, Vmode Ruby, and Monster iSport. On all 3, the remote button (on the mic) will pause/play music if my music app is up, but otherwise, the button does nothing. On my Bionic Running GB), the button always launches voice command unless my music app is in the foreground. I think that the button control changes depending on both the device as well as the OS. Could also be a setting somewhere.

Run L1ke H3LL

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
sony-mdr-xb500-r7a-460.jpg

Sony MDR XB500

$60 from Bestbuy. Very highly rated and comparable to $150+ Beats

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I am an audiophile. For listening to my Jazz, i use the Bose iE2. They have a mic as well and it works GREAT. Awesome sound quality for non-electronic music. For things other than jazz or classical i use the Beats Turbines. Best overall sound for the money. $99 for each set. Turbines do not have microphone.

MOTOX2

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Trust ME: BUY THE IBEATS FROM THE HTC REZOUND ON EBAY.. FOR 40-60 BUCKS THEY SOUND AMAZING AND HAVE BASS... ALSO ALL THE BUTTONS WORK.. PAUSE PLAY.. CALL/END CALL ETC.. GREAT QUALITY.. JUST SAYING.. I BOUGHT EM, DON'T REGRET IT..

RIMMAN

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
For earbuds, for 1 ear use, I just use the ones that came with the GNex. I can't use earbuds for long periods of time as they never stay in my ear properly/comfortably. For extending use I use Skull Candy Aviators.

b3amos

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I use an old set of Moto S9 Bluetooth earbuds that I've had since my Droid 1. The audio is fine for biking or hiking, but the mic has become weak, making them nearly unusable for tele calls. I don't blame the phones -- they've been abused greatly, including use in heavy rain. There's now a newer model which I'll most likely buy when these finally die.

Just recently, got a set of Klipsch Image S4A for Android earbuds, with mic. Still getting familiar with these, but so far, great audio and they work great for phone conversations as well. Klipsch has an app in the Android Market that enables you to program the behavior of the single control button.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar