Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Android Connaisseur

Global Posts
    2,659 Global Posts

Default What headphones are you using?

I've been looking for a set of earbuds to use with my galaxy nexus. Right now I'm using iphone earbuds but the remote launches the music app instead of voice control. The quality sucks too. Has anyone found a set of earbuds that works great with the nexus?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    AndroidSkull

Global Posts
    3,633 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vitreous,JellyBelly,OEM

I use skullcandy titans. Sound great but there is no voice control. I didn't find the OEM ear buds to sound that well

***GET IN WHERE YOU FIT IN***
    Snitches get stitches
    Boneyard-D1,Dinc,dX,Gtab7",Tbolt,iPad1,Bionic,Xoom,iPad2,Charge,GNexus,SGS3,Razr Maxx,Nexus7...the list shall continue
    Living Dead-iPad3,GalaxyNexus,Razr MaxxHD

ROM
    AOKP / Franco Kernel

I use LG hbs-700 bluetooth stereo headsets. Best buds in their class I have found (I will never buy a mono bluetooth set).

They are comfortable, sound great, can transition easily to mono or stereo listening as the ear pieces store via magnetic clips on the set when not in use. The battery easily lasts me all day with heavy use as well. And the best part is they go for only $40-50 on Amazon.

The set has buttons for ending/receiving calls (that also activates voice dialing!), volume controls, as well as music play back controls ( pause and seek buttons). My only complaint would be how android handles these controls...the only apps I have found the pause/start button to work correctly is in the stock music player and Google music app (not third party apps like podkicker, for instance).

If pure sound quality is what you are looking for, then I wouldn't buy ANY bluetooth stereo headsets, but for shear convenience, awesomeness, and a good balance in sound quality, the LG hbs-700s can't be beat (imho).

Global Posts
    186 Global Posts

I'm using a cheap set of Skull Candy for basic listening. I picked up a set of Motorola S10HD for working out. I like them both, but I don't ask for much because I'm no audiophile.

I am using this like 8 years old bluetooth headphone. Blue Ant X5. They don't make this any more btw.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What headphones are you using?-uploadfromtaptalk1328121483772.jpg  

Global Posts
    646 Global Posts

Default Re: What headphones are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by sicario666 View Post
    I use skullcandy titans. Sound great but there is no voice control. I didn't find the OEM ear buds to sound that well

I am also using these. Sound is great for listening to music.

Was wondering the same thing myself. I have two new sets of iPhone earbuds (from iPod, not iPhone!) and while they worked wonderfully with my Nexus One, I'm told the caller on the other end hears him/herself echo when I'm using them with the Galaxy Nexus. The original GN earbuds sound very tinny and just fall out of my ears.

So, I need something that has great sound for music that also fits in the external ear opening like the iPod earbuds--I use these all over the city, so I don't want anything expanding into the ear canal and blocking out all sound. Small form factor like the iPod earbuds would be a plus. Needs an in-line mic since half the time I'm speaking on the phone and half the time I'm using them for music.

Those jellyfish-shaped earpieces like on the Skullcandys don't seem to ever fit me--even the Skullcandy sets that come with multiple sizes. Is this asking for too much? Can't figure why the iPod earbuds would generate an echo on the other end . . .

Do your iPod earbuds cause an echo for the other caller? Mine (with in-line mic) do, although I hear perfect sound with no echoes on my end.

Global Posts
    581 Global Posts

ROM
    Gnex: Shiny, A500 TO Omni

I use a cheap pair of skull candy earbuds at the office and a pair of Earbanger ear buds when away from the office.

I have 3 pairs...SkullCandy FMJ's, Vmode Ruby, and Monster iSport. On all 3, the remote button (on the mic) will pause/play music if my music app is up, but otherwise, the button does nothing. On my Bionic Running GB), the button always launches voice command unless my music app is in the foreground. I think that the button control changes depending on both the device as well as the OS. Could also be a setting somewhere.
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/

Sony MDR XB500

$60 from Bestbuy. Very highly rated and comparable to $150+ Beats

I am an audiophile. For listening to my Jazz, i use the Bose iE2. They have a mic as well and it works GREAT. Awesome sound quality for non-electronic music. For things other than jazz or classical i use the Beats Turbines. Best overall sound for the money. $99 for each set. Turbines do not have microphone.

Global Posts
    173 Global Posts

Trust ME: BUY THE IBEATS FROM THE HTC REZOUND ON EBAY.. FOR 40-60 BUCKS THEY SOUND AMAZING AND HAVE BASS... ALSO ALL THE BUTTONS WORK.. PAUSE PLAY.. CALL/END CALL ETC.. GREAT QUALITY.. JUST SAYING.. I BOUGHT EM, DON'T REGRET IT..
    Smartphones to date: ~Palm Pre Plus, Droid Incredible, Droid X, HTC THUNDERBOLT~

"DROID ARMY, ASSEMBLE!

Global Posts
    432 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock ice cream

Quote Originally Posted by sicario666 View Post

I have these also great ear phones wish they had a mic

ROM
    Liquid Beta3 - Faux Kern

Beats Tour..Was using the the Beats Solo HD's, but the Tour's sound much better and I prefer buds over headphones for the long haul in the office.

Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

For earbuds, for 1 ear use, I just use the ones that came with the GNex. I can't use earbuds for long periods of time as they never stay in my ear properly/comfortably. For extending use I use Skull Candy Aviators.

Quote Originally Posted by DINC View Post
    I can't use earbuds for long periods of time as they never stay in my ear properly/comfortably.
    That's because you're using cheap earbuds. There are many styles with many different types of fit.
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/

ROM
    Stock

I use an old set of Moto S9 Bluetooth earbuds that I've had since my Droid 1. The audio is fine for biking or hiking, but the mic has become weak, making them nearly unusable for tele calls. I don't blame the phones -- they've been abused greatly, including use in heavy rain. There's now a newer model which I'll most likely buy when these finally die.

Just recently, got a set of Klipsch Image S4A for Android earbuds, with mic. Still getting familiar with these, but so far, great audio and they work great for phone conversations as well. Klipsch has an app in the Android Market that enables you to program the behavior of the single control button.
    nicrom72 likes this.

I have 2 pairs, Sony Ericsson Bluetooth HBH-DS970 and Earsonic SM3's.

Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    ROM
    Affinity/Franco

Bose IE2. I love them..
    Theres always something to look at if you open your eyes!
    -The Doctor-

Quote Originally Posted by jharo View Post
    These are really cool!! Might pick some up. My puppy likes chewing cables and chewed my Bose iE2. Definitely going wireless next time around.

Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod

Quote Originally Posted by killroy420 View Post
    I use LG hbs-700 bluetooth stereo headsets. Best buds in their class I have found (I will never buy a mono bluetooth set).

They are comfortable, sound great, can transition easily to mono or stereo listening as the ear pieces store via magnetic clips on the set when not in use. The battery easily lasts me all day with heavy use as well. And the best part is they go for only $40-50 on Amazon.

The set has buttons for ending/receiving calls (that also activates voice dialing!), volume controls, as well as music play back controls ( pause and seek buttons). My only complaint would be how android handles these controls...the only apps I have found the pause/start button to work correctly is in the stock music player and Google music app (not third party apps like podkicker, for instance).

If pure sound quality is what you are looking for, then I wouldn't buy ANY bluetooth stereo headsets, but for shear convenience, awesomeness, and a good balance in sound quality, the LG hbs-700s can't be beat (imho).

I also use the LG hbs-700. Since getting these. I have not used my iPod one time. The sound quality and volume is GREAT!!!!

I use a set of klipsch Image S4 for most of my listening. If I want less sound blocking or a mic, I use a set of Skullcandy Smoking Buds with mic, and then I keep a set of Skullcandy 50/50 in the car for when I forget my others at home. You may want to check out the new Skullcandy FIX buds, they are supposed to hook to the outer part of the ear, like the apple buds do, but more securely.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast