Samsung Ext. Battery poor performance

TreoDru

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Is there a solution or reason for the poor performance with the Samsung Extended Battery? I have read some threads but nothing concrete.
:-\

TreoDru

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
It doesn't last as long as my stock battery did, getting me through the majority of the day (8-5). I would expect it to last longer than the stock battery did. Searching the threads I see that I am not the only one experiencing this with this battery.

dcastillo

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
There always a chance you got a bad battery...
also, has you given it a wee or so to break in?
Did you happen to install anything new around the same time you got the battery?

I get between 8-20hrs depending on my use... biggest issue that affects me is how often I turn the screen on... since it wakes the phone up everytime...

does your battery stats show what app is using the most battery?

maybe try switching back to your stock one and see how long it last...

just a few ideas..
-D

recumbentbob

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
How long have you had the battery??
Mine got a lot better after 2 weeks. Be sure it is charging all the way up to 100%, mine wasn't at first on the ac charger I had to finish it off with the car charger after doing that for a week it now charges all the way on AC and lasts a lot longer than the stock battery.

ki11ak3nn

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm having a problem with my battery now too. My extended battery died at work so I switched to the original battery (which I haven't used since I got the phone). Then I put my extended battery in and full charged it, it seems to be losing it's charge alot faster than normal. Syncing, wifi, gps, all that is off yet it's still losing it's charge (like 1% every 5-10 mins). Does my phone still think that my original battery is in and not my extended??

dcastillo

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
the batteries, to my knowledge, arent smart batteries... meaning there is no communication between the phone and battery.
The phone only reads the voltage and "guesses" the battery life. It learns it over time...
I had an issue with my thunderbolt were the battery would go from 100% to 10 in about an hour... but from 10% to 0 in another 3hrs... the phone just had know idea what the battery state actually was...
I dont think you can just switch batteries back and forth since the phone cant actually tell the difference...

someone please correct me if im wrong here...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary