Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GNex Girl
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    736 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock 4.0.4

Default I Regret Getting the Samsung Extended Battery

It really doesn't add much battery time and you have to get entirely different cases and holsters to fit the phone with the extended battery in. The increased battery time is not enough to get me through an entire day without charging if I am actually using my phone.

The extra accessories cost me almost $40 and the extended battery was another $25. An extra standard battery was only $20 and I ended up getting the external charger and that came with an extra standard battery for $35.

So I don't recommend getting the Samsung extended battery. Just get the external charger that comes with an extra standard battery and that way you can always have a charged battery and won't have to buy additional cases/holsters.

Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cyanogenmod 7 RC1.8

Default Re: I Regret Getting the Samsung Extended Battery

Or you could have been smart in the first place to research this and buy your accessories with the extended battery in mind. Most cases i have seen though work for both the regular OEM battery and the extended one.

take it back.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    736 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock 4.0.4

Quote Originally Posted by stearic View Post
    Or you could have been smart in the first place to research this and buy your accessories with the extended battery in mind. Most cases i have seen though work for both the regular OEM battery and the extended one.
    The exact opposite is true. Only a few work for both without being misaligned or too loose.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    736 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock 4.0.4

Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    take it back.
    I missed the return period. Just trying to warn others to think before they buy this.

I heard you can use the original back with the 2100mah extended battery,tight fit but it should work.

The guy we bought ours from @Costco (2 phones, 2 extended bats w/backs, renew 2 yrs unlimited Verizon, out the door activated=about $475!) was using ext bat in his w/orig back and case.

We sent 4 ours. Takes couple weeks to get.

Verizon price 4 same thing over $350 more!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Thanks for the input. I've been tempted to get the extended battery (last I checked it was on sale for $25 at VZW), but from what I'm reading the increase in battery life is minimal. And there's no way I'm getting that huge humpback 3300 mah (or so) from Seidio.

I think I'll just get an extra regular battery though I'm stingy in getting the regular battery at $20.

On second thought, maybe the extended battery is a better idea since it's $25 and I don't use a case or holster anyway.
    Moto X (Ebony wood back, silver accents, black front)
    Previously: Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Droid X - Blackberry Tour 9630 - Dumbphones
    The Ever-Living

Global Posts
    5,097 Global Posts
    ROM
    KANG

I use the diztronic tpu case. Got it on amazon for about 9 dollars. Works with both batteries. use the ext back plate with the ext battery, standard with the standard battery.

i have both the matte black and gloss transparent gray diztronic - like the gloss better bc it doesnt slip around in your hand as much.

* INCREDIBLE * MECHA * TORO * GROUPER * GALAXY S3 *
    * [TORO RADIOS] * [NEXUS WALLS] * [GROUPER GUIDE] * [CHATTER] *
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    736 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock 4.0.4

Quote Originally Posted by CarbonOak View Post
    I think I'll just get an extra regular battery though I'm stingy in getting the regular battery at $20.

On second thought, maybe the extended battery is a better idea since it's $25 and I don't use a case or holster anyway.
    If you don't use a case or a holster, then the extended battery is a better deal.

But you should also consider the external charger that comes with the standard battery for $35, which I think is the best deal.
    ryco1008 likes this.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Global Posts
    736 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock 4.0.4

Quote Originally Posted by zero neck View Post
    I use the diztronic tpu case. Got it on amazon for about 9 dollars. Works with both batteries. use the ext back plate with the ext battery, standard with the standard battery.

i have both the matte black and gloss transparent gray diztronic - like the gloss better bc it doesnt slip around in your hand as much.
    I will probably get the diztronic too since it is so reasonably priced but it doesn't come with a holster, which I like, and doesn't have a kickstand, which I also like.