Seidio 3800 Thin Case?

mscalero

Jan 28, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

Just wondering if anyone has been able to pull off adding the Seidio 3800 battery while snapping on a thin case (with no battery door)?

I did this for my old Droid 2, had the extended battery in there and left the battery door off and was able to get the standard Seidio Surface case on.

Just wondering if anyone has found a combo that works which keeps the GNEX appearing slim yet still having the big battery under the hood?

Also it would be nice if the 3800 had NFC supported, any alternative super batteries out there w/ NFC?

Mike

nkk2008

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
I do not think you can get the Seidio extended battery to fit. The Samsung extended (2100mAh) will not, and from what I understand the Seidio is larger.

As for super batteries with NFC, I have not seen any. The largets I have seen w/NFC is the Samsung official one.

Nkk

ShinyTop

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I put the 3800 batt in my Nexus and then put the Diztronic case on. It fit top and bottom but the area around the middle was distorted and did not quite fit.

mscalero

Jan 28, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for this, but I was looking for a thinner case which would fit with the Seidio 3800 battery and maybe no battery door? I dont expect there to be a case that would fit really, but perhaps someone bought a thin case, didnt use the battery door and somehow modded the case and it fits.

Thus keeping the sleek form factor but the 3800 battery is under the hood.

I own the extended surface case in your link, it's nice, but it does add some bulk. With some thought and craftsmanship I bet someone could figure out a way to make the back of the phone have no hump, yet have the super battery back there.

Mike

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
That seems impossible since the 3800mAh battery is almost as thick as the phone is by itself but good luck in ur search.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance