Rearth SLIM Case for the SGN LTE Extended Battery

eRod v1.0

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Nice review. These are my favorite tips of cases. I love the phone naked but having a case gives me a little peace if mind. I think I'll order the metallic case. How long did it take for the case to arrive?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Reactions: gobluejd

gobluejd

Jan 28, 2010
Visit site
Nice review. These are my favorite tips of cases. I love the phone naked but having a case gives me a little peace if mind. I think I'll order the metallic case. How long did it take for the case to arrive?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I pre-ordered. It shipped Monday and got yesterday.

Jasper

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
the quality of the case is fantastic, however the quality of the plugs is not. I plugged and unplugged them once and snapped the headphone plug. I would prefer the case didnt have them at all. Without the plugs in there is a sharp plastic edge i notice everytime i hold the bottom of my phone. Also i have to mention the headphone jack cutout is not big enough for two out of my three headphones, it should have been made a little bigger. It sounds like im bashing the case but its by far my favorite thin case out right now and will probably be my everyday case. When i want extra protection i will go back to my seidio active case. Again the ringke slim case fits absolutely perfect, just wish they left the plugs off this design and enlarged the headphone jack opening slightly. I will be doing a little dremel work to remove the sharm edge left from the missing rubber plugs as well is enlarging the headphone port.

Reactions: gobluejd

FascinatedX

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm wanting the standard battery slim case in matte black. Does anyone know if the matte black case has a rubberized type of coating or is it slick, hard plastic? I'm coming from a Droid X, and got used to the rubberlike coating it has.

gobluejd

Jan 28, 2010
Visit site
I would just get the extended. I used it today with Standard battery and you can not tell at all, not loose, fits the same. This way if you decide to rock the extended, you have a case.

Reactions: FascinatedX

Canuckfan

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm wanting the standard battery slim case in matte black. Does anyone know if the matte black case has a rubberized type of coating or is it slick, hard plastic? I'm coming from a Droid X, and got used to the rubberlike coating it has.
The one for the standard battery was made for the GSM version and if used on the LTE version, the top lip doesn't quite fit. But that doesn't matter, since the one for Verizon Galaxy Nexus fits both the extended battery and the standard battery.

The matte black has a rubberized coating, but I'd say a little slicker than Seidio's soft-touch coating. It also attracts more fingerprints/oil.

Last edited:

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I got my matted black slim case yesterday.

It's very nice! It is nice and tight on the device so there is no fear of it dislodging if I ever drop the phone. It maybe a little too tight.

It gives enough protection on top, bottom, and corners. There's also a slight enough edge on the bezel to keep the screen off a flat surface if you are laying the phone face down. The case feels nice in the hand; no worries about it slipping out accidentally. I don't normally use cases for my phones (I always let it go naked) but I think I'm going to stick with this one. I like it a lot better than the diztronic rev3 case.

Minimal bulk with minimal protection, but good enough without sacrificing too much on the original form factor of the device. Great, premium case all around!

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
How's the "new" case with the standard battery? They mentioned there's like 1mm of extra space...where is that? Where the battery is? Does it "rattle" around?

I know they changed everything to fit better, but I'd rather not spend $$ on a product that has the phone slide around willy nilly!

gobluejd

Jan 28, 2010
Visit site
How's the "new" case with the standard battery? They mentioned there's like 1mm of extra space...where is that? Where the battery is? Does it "rattle" around?

I know they changed everything to fit better, but I'd rather not spend $$ on a product that has the phone slide around willy nilly!

you use the standard battery and standard case. Nothing rattles around. Did you watch the review?

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I only ask because on the rearth website I no longer see options for either fit, and a cat on droid life noticed they appear to have combined them. I'll watch the video in the am.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
The website states there is one case on the description. You can use the extended and standard battery with the updated case. Hope it helps ya

https://www.rearthusa.com/verizon_galaxy_nexus_slim.html

Thanks!

I'm inherently distrustful of official statements, particularly when it has a sweet "no refund disclaimer for standard battery VZW users" attached to it. I will check out the video when I'm out of work, and I might even call them to see what's what.

So long as it doesn't move around it might be my case. But I need some warranties, nah mean?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol