Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,930 Global Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

Default Re: Rearth SLIM Case for the SGN LTE Extended Battery

I have yet to pull the trigger on this BTW ...
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #27  

Do it.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,930 Global Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by gobluejd View Post
    Do it.
    I want the white, but I can't get over the clash between the grey sticking out and the white.

And that matte black looks sick.

Thoughts?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #29  

Quote Originally Posted by dmmarck View Post
    I want the white, but I can't get over the clash between the grey sticking out and the white.

And that matte black looks sick.

Thoughts?
    I am a Blue or Black kinda guy. On the Matte Black you can not even tell its on. Go for the black. Your right on the clash of grey.

Just Do It !
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,930 Global Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by gobluejd View Post
    I am a Blue or Black kinda guy. On the Matte Black you can not even tell its on. Go for the black. Your right on the clash of grey.

Just Do It !
    Ugh but the white is why I was looking at this case in the first place. White would look so sick.

And I have black on my Otterbox, which has saved my *** twice in the past week.

Decisions decisions!

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

Is the matte black the only one that has the rubberized kind of coating? I'm thinking either matte black or metallic but would probably prefer the rubberized coating.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,930 Global Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by JB426 View Post
    Is the matte black the only one that has the rubberized kind of coating? I'm thinking either matte black or metallic but would probably prefer the rubberized coating.
    The matte.

Still have yet to decide. Have both sitting in a shopping cart lol
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,930 Global Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

Alpine white is on its way

Just wanted to come back here and say that after a full month I still love this case.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,930 Global Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by orangeNgreen View Post
    Just wanted to come back here and say that after a full month I still love this case.
    Same. Slight PITA to get it off, but I love it.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #36  

Same here. Love it.

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

Yup, finally got my matte case. It's definitely the best case I've had. Thanks to all for the info.

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts

I got the white one. Love the way it feels on the phone as it does not add any bulk. Unfortunately I will not be using it as my daily driver. Upon removing the case the corners of the phone get scratches.
    A member on XDA came up with a "solution" to avoid getting the phone scratched up by using tape on the corners to protect the device. I do not like the idea of having to put tape on my beautiful phone just to use a case. Just my 2 cents

At first I had trouble getting off, but I think I've discovered the secret. Put the phone down your lap, or on a bed/chair/couch with the back of the phone facing you. Put both of your thumbs on the back of the phone on either side of the camera, the rest of your fingers on the top of the case. With your fingers, lift up the top of the case from the phone, while pushing with your thumbs. The case should pop right off with minimal effort. Sorry if I explained that badly..
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts

Other than taking it off, what are your impressions of the White? I'm in the same boat you were. White and Black are in my cart, can't decide... Does the White clash with the silver/grey?

Full disclosure: I already have a black Diztronic rev 3.

I'd appreciate your input.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,930 Global Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Nayners View Post
    Other than taking it off, what are your impressions of the White? I'm in the same boat you were. White and Black are in my cart, can't decide... Does the White clash with the silver/grey?

Full disclosure: I already have a black Diztronic rev 3.

I'd appreciate your input.
    I actually think the white and the dark grey go REALLY well together. I posted pictures somewhere in the CHATTER thread (root/rom subforum), and I'm very impressed.

I had some weird grey freckle in the white, but I can't see it without looking for it (literally microscopic). Past that, it looks fantastic. Feels great too; it's glossy, but there's a decent amount of traction. Feels great in hand as well. And--knock on wood--none of my plugs have been accidentally ripped off. Even if they do, though, they give you spares .

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts

I actually think the white and the dark grey go REALLY well together. I posted pictures somewhere in the CHATTER thread (root/rom subforum), and I'm very impressed.

I had some weird grey freckle in the white, but I can't see it without looking for it (literally microscopic). Past that, it looks fantastic. Feels great too; it's glossy, but there's a decent amount of traction. Feels great in hand as well. And--knock on wood--none of my plugs have been accidentally ripped off. Even if they do, though, they give you spares .
    Thanks for the reply. I'm searching the forum for your pics now...
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,930 Global Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

ROM
    "Shiny" Stock Android

Ive been using the Matte black Rearth for about a week and half or so. The case over all is excellent for anyone looking for a SLIM form fitting case. That being said there are some Pros and cons to the case.

The finish on the Matte black is excellent! Really sets the phone off to for people worried about color coordination. It is slightly rubberized so you get better grip with it in my opinion then with no case at all. It also seems to have better grip then the Verizon TPU case, which i also own. It may attract a little bit of lint here and there and show finger prints, but they wipe off really easy, nothing to be overly concerned about in my opinion.

It adds little to the size of the phone. This was the main reason i went with the case. The VZ TPU was ok, but it did make the phone bulky. Probably would protect better in the event of a fall but thats not my main concern here, I wanted something slim and form fitting that didn't cover the buttons. Mission accomplished as this case does exactly that.

There are 2 sets of plugs that come with the phone, also a screen protector and a wipe cloth/applicator for the screen. I have not used the included protector but it seems thick, im sure it will go on and work fine.

Cons, Yeah i have a few. They are not deal breakers, but they are little annoyances. The biggest one for me so far is the port plugs! They are not molded into a plastic body like you would find on an otterbox, therefore they are prone to being ripped off if you are in a hurry and just pull a plug out fast. Took me a week to rip off the first USB plug. Had my phone on the charger and was running out of the house, pulled the cord out and had the plug come with it. Its really easy to do, they give you extras, but doing this again is gonna happen, its just a matter of time.
    I would also like to see more colors. A matte white would be amazing and an instant purchase, as would a yellow/orange or red case. 3 basic colors is ok, but i want more options.
    The other thing some might complain about is the price, 26 is steep for a case as simple as this. But they do give you extras with the case so its not too bad. I didn't mind the cost myself after i received it because i think the case is quality, but i could see this bothering some people.

Pictures are below, hopefully people consider this case when wanting a slim case, in my overall opinion its one of the best you can buy.

BTW, DM that white looks better then I expected! Might have to place another order since i dont think matte white is happening any time soon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rearth SLIM Case for the SGN LTE Extended Battery-photo-1.jpg   Rearth SLIM Case for the SGN LTE Extended Battery-photo-2.jpg   Rearth SLIM Case for the SGN LTE Extended Battery-photo-3.jpg   Rearth SLIM Case for the SGN LTE Extended Battery-photo-4.jpg   Rearth SLIM Case for the SGN LTE Extended Battery-photo.jpg  

Thanked by:
    dmmarck likes this.

ROM
    "Shiny" Stock Android

Sorry for the double post, here is one with the screen on.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rearth SLIM Case for the SGN LTE Extended Battery-photoon.jpg  

After reading a couple reviews about this product on different sites, I ordered mine and I got it this morning. I usually hate cases because they don't get a long with screen protectors. All I have to say is this is the best case I ever owned for a phone.
    kca2000 likes this.

ROM
    "Shiny" Stock Android

Quote Originally Posted by n0obpr0 View Post
    After reading a couple reviews about this product on different sites, I ordered mine and I got it this morning. I usually hate cases because they don't get a long with screen protectors. All I have to say is this is the best case I ever owned for a phone.
    I agree. Definetly the best slim case overall I've owned. I too hate when cases interfere with screen protectors. Glad this case has no chance of that, even if the protector went to the edges.

After using the matte black ringke slim case for 6 months I finally got a little sick of it. So I went ahead and purchased the metallic black ringke slim case

Global Posts
    168 Global Posts

After using the matte black ringke slim case for 6 months I finally got a little sick of it. So I went ahead and purchased the metallic black ringke slim case
    How do you like the metallic black case? I have the white, which I love, but am getting sick of.

I'm enjoying it. It blends with the actual color of the phone a lot better. I think I prefer the texture of the matte black better, but I like having a new look.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12