Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 50
Like Tree7Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Rearth SLIM Case for the SGN LTE Extended Battery

    Just got my SLIM for the LTE Extended Battery. See my review here.

    Thanked by 2:
  2. #2  
    eRod v1.0's Avatar

    Posts
    373 Posts
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jelly Bean!

    Default

    Nice review. These are my favorite tips of cases. I love the phone naked but having a case gives me a little peace if mind. I think I'll order the metallic case. How long did it take for the case to arrive?

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Rearth SLIM Case for the SGN LTE Extended Battery

    Quote Originally Posted by eRod v1.0 View Post
    Nice review. These are my favorite tips of cases. I love the phone naked but having a case gives me a little peace if mind. I think I'll order the metallic case. How long did it take for the case to arrive?

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    I pre-ordered. It shipped Monday and got yesterday.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Rearth SLIM Case for the SGN LTE Extended Battery

    My plugs broke off after 3 hours of having it. Other than that i fo like the case, fit is perfect.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Rearth SLIM Case for the SGN LTE Extended Battery

    Mine have not yet. But that is a good point. They are not held in that well (just a tiny piece of material).
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Rearth SLIM Case for the SGN LTE Extended Battery

    the quality of the case is fantastic, however the quality of the plugs is not. I plugged and unplugged them once and snapped the headphone plug. I would prefer the case didnt have them at all. Without the plugs in there is a sharp plastic edge i notice everytime i hold the bottom of my phone. Also i have to mention the headphone jack cutout is not big enough for two out of my three headphones, it should have been made a little bigger. It sounds like im bashing the case but its by far my favorite thin case out right now and will probably be my everyday case. When i want extra protection i will go back to my seidio active case. Again the ringke slim case fits absolutely perfect, just wish they left the plugs off this design and enlarged the headphone jack opening slightly. I will be doing a little dremel work to remove the sharm edge left from the missing rubber plugs as well is enlarging the headphone port.
    Thanked by:
    gobluejd likes this.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Rearth SLIM Case for the SGN LTE Extended Battery

    I'm wanting the standard battery slim case in matte black. Does anyone know if the matte black case has a rubberized type of coating or is it slick, hard plastic? I'm coming from a Droid X, and got used to the rubberlike coating it has.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: Rearth SLIM Case for the SGN LTE Extended Battery

    I would just get the extended. I used it today with Standard battery and you can not tell at all, not loose, fits the same. This way if you decide to rock the extended, you have a case.
    Thanked by:
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Rearth SLIM Case for the SGN LTE Extended Battery

    It's a rubberized case. Very nice, much better than the other black case (too slick). Recommend highly.
    Thanked by:
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Rearth SLIM Case for the SGN LTE Extended Battery

    I was referring to the matte black as the desirable case.
  11. #11  
    Canuckfan's Avatar

    Posts
    149 Posts
    ROM
    CM10 JellyBro | Franco M5

    Default Re: Rearth SLIM Case for the SGN LTE Extended Battery

    Quote Originally Posted by FascinatedX View Post
    I'm wanting the standard battery slim case in matte black. Does anyone know if the matte black case has a rubberized type of coating or is it slick, hard plastic? I'm coming from a Droid X, and got used to the rubberlike coating it has.
    The one for the standard battery was made for the GSM version and if used on the LTE version, the top lip doesn't quite fit. But that doesn't matter, since the one for Verizon Galaxy Nexus fits both the extended battery and the standard battery.

    The matte black has a rubberized coating, but I'd say a little slicker than Seidio's soft-touch coating. It also attracts more fingerprints/oil.
    Last edited by Canuckfan; 03-24-2012 at 02:28 AM.
    Thanked by:
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Rearth SLIM Case for the SGN LTE Extended Battery

    I got my matted black slim case yesterday.

    It's very nice! It is nice and tight on the device so there is no fear of it dislodging if I ever drop the phone. It maybe a little too tight.

    It gives enough protection on top, bottom, and corners. There's also a slight enough edge on the bezel to keep the screen off a flat surface if you are laying the phone face down. The case feels nice in the hand; no worries about it slipping out accidentally. I don't normally use cases for my phones (I always let it go naked) but I think I'm going to stick with this one. I like it a lot better than the diztronic rev3 case.

    Minimal bulk with minimal protection, but good enough without sacrificing too much on the original form factor of the device. Great, premium case all around!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rearth SLIM Case for the SGN LTE Extended Battery-20120324_073421.jpg   Rearth SLIM Case for the SGN LTE Extended Battery-20120324_073527.jpg  
    Thanked by:
  13. #13  
    dmmarck's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    10,930 Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

    Default Re: Rearth SLIM Case for the SGN LTE Extended Battery

    How's the "new" case with the standard battery? They mentioned there's like 1mm of extra space...where is that? Where the battery is? Does it "rattle" around?

    I know they changed everything to fit better, but I'd rather not spend $$ on a product that has the phone slide around willy nilly!
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

    Default Re: Rearth SLIM Case for the SGN LTE Extended Battery

    Quote Originally Posted by dmmarck View Post
    How's the "new" case with the standard battery? They mentioned there's like 1mm of extra space...where is that? Where the battery is? Does it "rattle" around?

    I know they changed everything to fit better, but I'd rather not spend $$ on a product that has the phone slide around willy nilly!
    you use the standard battery and standard case. Nothing rattles around. Did you watch the review?
  15. #15  
    dmmarck's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    10,930 Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gobluejd View Post
    you use the standard battery and standard case. Nothing rattles around. Did you watch the review?
    No. I will now though. This is the current version, correct?

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk
  16. #16  
    dmmarck's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    10,930 Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

    Default

    I only ask because on the rearth website I no longer see options for either fit, and a cat on droid life noticed they appear to have combined them. I'll watch the video in the am.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk
  17. #17  
    swany1970's Avatar

    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

    Default Re: Rearth SLIM Case for the SGN LTE Extended Battery

    The website states there is one case on the description. You can use the extended and standard battery with the updated case. Hope it helps ya

    Thanked by:
  18. #18  
    dmmarck's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    10,930 Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

    Default Re: Rearth SLIM Case for the SGN LTE Extended Battery

    Quote Originally Posted by redhawk View Post
    The website states there is one case on the description. You can use the extended and standard battery with the updated case. Hope it helps ya

    Thanks!

    I'm inherently distrustful of official statements, particularly when it has a sweet "no refund disclaimer for standard battery VZW users" attached to it. I will check out the video when I'm out of work, and I might even call them to see what's what.

    So long as it doesn't move around it might be my case. But I need some warranties, nah mean?
  19. #19  
    dmmarck's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    10,930 Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

    Default Re: Rearth SLIM Case for the SGN LTE Extended Battery

    First, great video, thanks. You answered all my questions and then some. I appreciate it!
    Thanked by:
    gobluejd likes this.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

    Default Re: Rearth SLIM Case for the SGN LTE Extended Battery

    Thanks. Glad I could help!
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Rearth SLIM Case for the SGN LTE Extended Battery

    I decided to go ahead and purchase this case a few days ago (matte black), and it just arrived today. Figured I'd come here and give my instant reaction review...

    First I'd like to state that I despise cases. I think they take an otherwise sleek phone and turn it into a hot bulky mess. That being said, no matter how careful I am, I always manage to end up with one or two small chips/scratches on the corners of my phones.

    In comes the Ringke Slim. This is the first time I actually like my phone BETTER with the case than without. Granted, it probably doesn't add as much protection as a tank Otterbox, or even the CruzerLite case that's sitting in my night table drawer. But it adds that little extra security just in case it slips out of my hand one day. And it does that without making my phone look like something Zack Morris might use.
    Last edited by orangeNgreen; 03-31-2012 at 04:14 PM.
    gobluejd likes this.
  22. #22  
    eRod v1.0's Avatar

    Posts
    373 Posts
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jelly Bean!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by orangeNgreen View Post
    I decided to go ahead and purchase this case a few days ago (matte black), and it just arrived today. Figured I'd come here and give my instant reaction review...

    First I'd like to state that I despise cases. I think they take an otherwise sleek phone and turn it into a hot bulky mess. That being said, no matter how careful I am, I always manage to end up with one or two small chips/scratches on the corners of my phones.

    In comes the Ringke Slim. This is the first time I actually like my phone BETTER with the case than without. Granted, it probably doesn't add as much protection as a tank Otterbox, or even the CruzerLite case that's sitting in my night table drawer. But it adds that little extra security just in case it slips out of my hand one day. And it does that without making my phone look like something Zack Morris might use.
    Good to know. I too hate cases but use them to protect the phone. I really like this phone naked. I ordered the metallic case based on reviews from you guys.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
  23. #23  
    eRod v1.0's Avatar

    Posts
    373 Posts
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jelly Bean!

    Default

    Love, love this case! This exactly what i have been wanting. It doesn't take away at all from the phone's shape or form. The metallic looks great but I can see it being scratch prone. I might order the black case too.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
  24. #24  

    Default

    Um pictures or link?
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

    Default Re: Rearth SLIM Case for the SGN LTE Extended Battery

    Um really?

    Jasper and dmmarck like this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

B