1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Hyperion and Trexcell 3800 mah extended battery

Hey, i found this two third party branded 3800 mah extended batteries on both amazon and ebay for $20 each one made by Hyperion and another by Trexcell. I am thinking about getting one of them because i dont feel like paying the $60 for the seidio one. Just wondering if anyone has gotten one of them and your experience with it.

Default Re: Hyperion and Trexcell 3800 mah extended battery

With batteries you get what you pay for.

ROM
    Stock Sense 4.1.1

I just got the Trexcell. I will report back in a few days to see how its working out. When i put it in my phone it was at 49% and i got 3hrs and 45 mins out of it. and i was getting 4hrs with my other 1 at 100% but we will see in a few days.

ROM
    Stock Sense 4.1.1

OK heavy use(constant internet and games) 6 hrs.. light use (texting ) 14 hrs both during 4g connection

I feel alot better about the $30 I thought I wasted on the pair of 3800mAh batteries from Ebay. They also only got about 5-7hrs of time with heavy use. For me it was not worth it since the standby time was not much longer than the stock batteries. I use the NFC functions also.

ROM
    Stock Sense 4.1.1

Todayhas been different. Using wifi I'm at 80% and my batter says 6hrs 30mins. I haven't been on it all day. But watched a few YouTube videos and played some defender 2.

I'm not impressed with Trexcell 3800 mAh battery. 8 hours of use with 3 hours of screen on time is the best I've gotten. This is with 4G, WiFi,Bluetooth, GPS, Data Sync and Auto Brightness ON. I'm not impressed because I was getting similar usage on my 2100 mAh extended battery.
    Last edited by Master Yun; 05-15-2012 at 10:38 PM.

Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

well, i did spend the $60 for the seido and i don't regret it. i got 1 day and 9 hours out of it with about 3 1/4 to 3 1/2 hours of screen on time. mind you that this is from charging the battery upto 100 percent after i unboxed it. it was around 48 or 49 percent when i first popped it in.

Can anyone recommend a belt holster that will fit one of these extended batteries?

I want to get an extended battery but I like the oem verizon holster.

Someone must make one.

Links If possible.

Thanks.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Thanks for the replys. I ended up getting the Hyperion extended battery. So far pretty pleased with the battery. First day was a bit iffy but I let it fully drain and it has been great since. Took it off the charger at 6am today.

Feels awesome not having to charge my phone all day and worry about it. Hope it sticks lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    BAMF Cubed!

I just got the hyperion 3800. I have been using it since Tuesday and so far I am not very impressed. However i really haven't discharged fully yet so I am going to give it a chance.

Global Posts
    702 Global Posts

i also got the hyperion. first day i got about 8 hrs on 4g. that was charging to 100% from the 50% it came in. i discharged it to about 3% and recharged. hopefully the next day would be better.
    Motorola Droid Maxx

Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cm 10/Franco

I got my hyperion batt yesterday. 53% lasted me over 10 hours.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus by way of Tapatalk