No screen protector=scratches?

g1toevo678

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I am debating whether to put a screen protector on the phone. Always have on my other phones (dry application only) but dry protectors on this phone, from what I've read, are all cut smaller due to the shape of the glass.

For those without screen protectors, have you picked up any scratches? I do not use a case and generally carry it in my back pocket. Curious if the glass is more prone to scratch than gorilla glass.

mwangkc

May 14, 2010
Visit site
wish i had one, I am super careful with mine yet still have two hairline scratches that I wish I could remove...get one.

g1toevo678

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Just ordered the oem anti scratch protector off of ebay for $9. All the VZW stores only seem to have the anti glare and not the anti scratch. Will give it a try and see how it works out.

hyminameisderek

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
wish i had one, I am super careful with mine yet still have two hairline scratches that I wish I could remove...get one.

Same. Never used a screen protector on any of my phones and this us the first to get scratches. I have a few small scratches.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

bbudnick5001

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Got my phone on release day and haven't used a screen protector. Now I am considering getting one as my phone has light surface scratches. I have also noticed that the screen picks up fingerprints and facial oils much easier now. Seems as though the screen just isn't as "smooth" as it once was.
Just my $0.02

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
So far I've been fortunate in having a scratch-free display and I got my phone on the day of release. I think the body of the phone is more prone to scratches than the screen.

However, any glass display will be prone to scratches (even Gorilla). If you've had phones in the past where you've gotten scratches on the screen then I'd recommend you get a screen protector. Otherwise, yes, you will run the risk of getting scratches on the phone.

asmallchild

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I have no protector, maybe I have a scratch or two but you would really have to search far and wide for it

Basically, I like my screen naked and by the time I do scuff the screen badly enough to notice, it's time for a new phone.

thebignewt

May 11, 2010
Visit site
I don't use them but I keep mine in a slipcase so the screen isn't exposed in my pocket. I've used lots of them and every screen protector scratches easily (it's plastic, doh) and gets fingerprints and face grease on it. So they look bad pretty quickly which is why I don't like them If you swap them once a month that might be OK.

tdi1985

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Just got mine last week and its still okay, but I'm kind of paranoid, so I think I will be getting a screen protector. Will be happy to report back on how it works.

Keeping with the theme, but slightly different topic... What are the best cases out there to have? I've started to look through the shop on here, but would like some input if anyone is actually using one.

yosteve

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I use Seidio case with the full bevel protection along with a hard pouch that stays in my pocket. If you go naked you definitely must pouch.

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Definitely get a screen protector. I got two small scratches on my first Nexus and I have no idea how I got them. Stupid me didn't get one for my second Nexus and now I have one scratch on my new one. It's probably happening in my pocket because nothing touches the screen except the insides of my pocket. My ThunderBolt has taken a lot more abuse and still has no scratches.

macmitten

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
The anti glare is awesome. Plus you never get real bad fingerprinting. Had mine since launch and little scratches pop up here and there.

g1toevo678

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
The anti glare is awesome. Plus you never get real bad fingerprinting. Had mine since launch and little scratches pop up here and there.

How is the fit? I've read mixed reviews about the anti glare one so decided to go with the anti scratch.

I've always used the Crystal Clear from Steinheil for my other phones and have been very satisfied. The Oleophobic one from them for the Nexus seems to be too small based on reviews.

macmitten

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Fits fine. Maybe around a 1/16 th inch on the edges. May bother some. I don't even notice.

Mobius360

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
My first Nexus I had for 7 days and got 3 slight scratches. Luckily the phone died and when they replaced it I got the screen protector. They installed the anti glare one which at first I didn't like cause it takes a little magic out of the screen. However now I'm used to it I find it easier to see in daylight and the fluorescent lights at work. Plus you don't notice the finger prints nearly as bad. Definitely a little give and take.

My Epic prior almost 2 years and not a scratch, that gorilla glass is good stuff. It's disappointing Google and Samsung cut this corner on this years Nexus.

Sent from the Galaxy Nexus via Tapatalk 2

MHBlink8

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I have a Best Skins Ever screen protector since day one and it has been great. I highly recommend them.