Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By zedorda
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 2200mAh Power Back Case External Battery for Samsung Galaxy Nexus

IMO this is the best case if you like the slim-naked use along with hard-case protection and extra battery life all in one easy to put-on & remove case. If these links expire copy/paste the thread title in an ebay search.

2200mAh Power Case/External Battery For SamSung Galaxy Nexus/i9250 | eBay

2200mAh Power Back Case External Battery for Samsung Galaxy Nexus Prime i9250 | eBay

It fits great with or without the stock extended battery. The hard buttons are alittle harder to find without looking but you get used to that fast and experience less **** wakes. Fully charged case with the phone at 50% it will charge the phone to about 98% over 2-3 hours with phone on standby. The Micro-B usb port lets you sync and charge the phone when plugged in. You can also charge the case without the phone in it.

I found the case better served me when I set the case to charge during heavy use times. When I was home I didn't use the case much because I like my phone naked so this case is kind of its going-out-clothes.

CONS: It is missing a hole for the secondary mic. The headphone jack access hole is too small.
    Last edited by zedorda; 05-21-2012 at 11:31 AM.
    Thanked by 3:
    bakerbert likes this.

Thx for the review. Is this some thing I could carry extra with me to charge my phone on fly but not keep it in the case all the time.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: 2200mAh Power Case

Quote Originally Posted by thirsty1258 View Post
    Thx for the review. Is this some thing I could carry extra with me to charge my phone on fly but not keep it in the case all the time.

Yes it only needs to be on the phone during charging.
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,610 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

Link where to buy it from.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    Google Nexus Class Devices (Nexus7, Nexus4, Galaxy Nexus lte VZW)...@moosc on twitter ...

Default Re: 2200mAh Power Back Case External Battery for Samsung Galaxy N

Have you tried draining your nexus almost to zero, then seeing how much this can charge it back to?
    In theory it should be able to give it a full charge....
    Im just wondering if it really is a 2200 battery, or a really cheap knockoff that doesnt have quite the claimed capacity
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by dcastillo View Post
    Have you tried draining your nexus almost to zero, then seeing how much this can charge it back to?
    In theory it should be able to give it a full charge....
    Im just wondering if it really is a 2200 battery, or a really cheap knockoff that doesnt have quite the claimed capacity
    Actually no, the only theory that would support that is if you could send the whole charge instantly. The fact that charging does have a "load" then some energy is lost doing the "work" from transferring the charge from the case to the phone. On avg that is 20%.

With the phone off and nearly dead (5%). The case will charge the phone to around 95% but you need to consider that lithium batteries get 80% of their charge during the last 15% of the charge cycle.

This is not a good case for the purpose of charging the phones battery. It is great for extending the life span during heavy use because you control when the case charges the phone.

Testing how long I could use the phone with each method: 1)100% to 5% then use the case to charge backup in 1 solid block of time. 2) 100% use the phone and switch the case on during heavy use.

Simplified conclusion:

1) increase of about 30%-40%
    2) increase of over 100%

Battery Monitor Widget Pro used for measuring/guesstimations
    Thanked by:

thanx for the reply
    -D
    it would be interesting to try this (although time consuming and I dont expect anyone to actually do it for fun)
    turn off all radios, and loop a movie to see how long the battery lasts till it dies...
    then fully charge it again, add the batery pack (turn it on) and the loop the movie and see how long it lasts...

maybe Ill pick one up eventually and try it out... would be useful on plane trips...

wish it was raised a bit more on the lips of the phone like my tpu is...
    Journeyman

ROM
    A

This is for the GSM Nexus will it fir the Verizon nexus?
    Follow me on Twitter: @SpaceHippieSays
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by TitansJonne View Post
    This is for the GSM Nexus will it fir the Verizon nexus?
    I own the Verizon Galaxy Nexus and all the pics are of my Nexus in the case. So yes it fits.

ROM
    JellyBeans

Just ordered one,

I love to golf, but the Golf GPS apps can suck a battery dry like no other, pop this case on before a round and i should be good to go.
    Sent Via..Raven from Kings Landing
    BB Storm 1 > Samsung Droid Charge > Samsung Galaxy Nexus > Samsung Galaxy Note II & LG G Pad 8.3

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    ROM
    JellyBean 4.1

Here's unboxing video for those who are curious as to whether it can fit on Verizon's G-Nexus...
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BtB7q4bLoI&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/YT]

Last edited by MallyMall88; 05-26-2012 at 10:41 AM.
    Thanked by 2:

Does this work with the extended battery and does it affect the NFC chip?
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Quote Originally Posted by tjlandberg View Post
    Does this work with the extended battery and does it affect the NFC chip?
    Sadly I have had to take it out of the case to use NFC in some places for buying.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    ROM
    JellyBean 4.1

Hey guys just finished my review and its up!!!!

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrU8FjhWq7U[/YT]

16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Nothing but one is a rip off. I will let you guess.

I have one bar or less (all gray) at home. But when I put the case on, it bumps down to no signal whatsoever, can't dial, can't text nothing.

Default Re: 2200mAh Power Back Case External Battery for Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Hey guys,
    excuse me please because my englisch ist not really perfect
    So what is the Price of the case and where can i buy that?

Default Re: 2200mAh Power Back Case External Battery for Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Thanks for this post