CDMA/LTE Galaxy Nexus + Landscape Dock + Dremel

Rudolphe

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I'm thinking about considering this but I don't want to blow the $50 on the dock if it isn't successful. Of those out there who've purchased the GSM dock and attempted to use it on the LTE Nexus if the backing of the dock was shaved down a bit do you think the phone will fit properly?

Thanks in advance.

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Forgive my catch up, but does the GSM dock have the USB connector built in like an ACTUAL dock, as opposed to the MOUNT we get at VZ? This is a huge letdown for me, this dock... I would do what you are considering if it is workable too.

Rudolphe

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
The GSM landscape dock uses the pogo pins on the bottom right of the phone. Set it, and forget it!

pogo-dock.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Hope you are aware that even the GSM dock with the pogo pins almost never works with the right phone in it. So good luck with the wrong phone even if you do get it to touch.

Rudolphe

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Hope you are aware that even the GSM dock with the pogo pins almost never works with the right phone in it. So good luck with the wrong phone even if you do get it to touch.

That's incorrect information. There were some issues with 4.0.3 that have been resolved in 4.0.4. So the dock does in fact work with the correct phone.

Also, people who've bought the GSM dock have been able to get the LTE phone to work but only if they're applying pressure to the phone forcing the pins to touch. As soon as they let go of the phone the connection is lost.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Sorry but for the $50 I consider this a none working unit. It still does not support file transfer protocol, ADB or HDMI. In the world of docks this thing is pointless unless all you want is a rechargeable desk clock with head phones.

"Yay my wireless cell phone is now a corded wired ipod with this awesome clock."

But good luck with your project. I hope it makes you happy and sorry for not being correct about the current functionality of the dock.

P.S. There are still current support threads about how the dock does not initiate dock mode 50% of the time inserted with 4.0.4

Rudolphe

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Sorry but for the $50 I consider this a none working unit. It still does not support file transfer protocol, ADB or HDMI. In the world of docks this thing is pointless unless all you want is a rechargeable desk clock with head phones.

"Yay my wireless cell phone is now a corded wired ipod with this awesome clock."

But good luck with your project. I hope it makes you happy and sorry for not being correct about the current functionality of the dock.

P.S. There are still current support threads about how the dock does not initiate dock mode 50% of the time inserted with 4.0.4

All I care about is charging. But thanks for your input!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome