Galaxy Nexus best case

chakangsye

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys I am currently using otterbox defender as my cover case but since I got the extended battery the case is falling apart. Does anyone kno a strong case like thedefender but
Slimer one?
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys I am currently using otterbox defender as my cover case but since I got the extended battery the case is falling apart. Does anyone kno a strong case like thedefender but
Slimer one?

The Commuter model :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
The Incipio case that Verizon sells works with the extended battery (with a little bulging) It's similar to the Otterbox Commuter and has a soft inner sleeve covered by a hard outer shell. I've heard that the Commuter works with the extended battery but haven't tried the case myself.

Sent using Tapatalk 2

g1toevo678

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I have a case bought off amazon called Diztronic. Not a tank like the Otterbox cases, which I've always found too bulky, but fits the extended battery perfectly and provides decent protection.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk 2

chakangsye

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks guys well the defender worked but as I disassembled couples times the side holder idea breaking off one by one and the screen protector started falling off from the main case but since the defender has the outer rubber protector, it idea still holding it together. I should check out the commuter!

svfd757

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
The incipio case is nice but makes this phone too big for my liking. I use it when working around the house or when I'm at the fire station

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus by way of Tapatalk

maineultraclassic

May 22, 2012
Visit site
I take the screen protector out of the Defender, it sucks and make the screen look like crap.

If the inner case has come loose, just email Otterbox and they will send you a new one for free.

I also have the Incipio case, but I don't like it. The inner rubber part is too loose on the long sides of the screen and doesn't really offer protection to the phone. It too also works with the extended battery, but I want more protection for my phone then it can offer.

Steve

wongl0786

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
For me, I use a Diztronic case I bought off Amazon for less than 10 bucks. It doesn't add much weight, and it also keeps the slimness of the Galaxy Nexus. Most importantly, it offers decent protection from drops in all direction (The case slightly rises up from the screen). I once dropped it from three feet face down with the case on, and it looked exactly the same as before I dropped it. Here is the link to the case. Amazon.com: Diztronic Matte Back Black Flexible *Revision 3* TPU Case & Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy Nexus (SCH-i515 & GT-i9250 & SPH-L700) [Diztronic Retail Packaging]: Cell Phones & Accessories

DB12088

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issues with otter box and opted for the Seidio Active case and I haven't had any issues at all

cpcxgsr

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I find it disappointing that Samsung and 3rd party manufacturers doesn't make any OEM cases for the nexus. But seems like they dump all their resources into the S3.

I've been looking for a decent flip case for the nexus, but doesn't seem to exist.

Meanwhile for the s3, OEM makes a pretty bad ass one..

jjt981

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I find it disappointing that Samsung and 3rd party manufacturers doesn't make any OEM cases for the nexus. But seems like they dump all their resources into the S3.

I've been looking for a decent flip case for the nexus, but doesn't seem to exist.

Meanwhile for the s3, OEM makes a pretty bad ass one..

I have been looking for a flip case like the S3 or Note as well. I like the idea of it being a screen protector in my pocket but not when i am looking at it. In my opinion i don't ilke how screen protectors make the screen look so I'm just careful with it. Flip case like that would be a great solution though.

cpcxgsr

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Unlike the iPhones, where physical design stays constant for a few years, 3rd party manufactures are willing to invest their money into products that has a longer shelf life.... Meanwhile Androids, a new phone comes out every 3 weeks and old ones become obsolete.. I can see why 3rd parties aren't willing to produce cases for.. Lets say, Nexus... Thats the only conclusion i can see why there aren't really any cases/accessories for the Nexus...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay