Extended battery question

knrstz64

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I just bought a galaxy nexus online. I'm probably going to buy the extended battery here Amazon.com: Samsung Galaxy Nexus (i515) Extended Battery with Battery Cover: Cell Phones & Accessories
I'm reading some things that confuse me. I have read that most cases will still fit because it adds little depth. Does that mean I don't need the new back cover or that despite the added thickness of the cover, the phone still fits most cases? Also, what is a good slim fit case? I have read posts on this forum and the rearth case would be perfect but its no longer available. I like the incipio feather but not sure if the extended battery will fit it. Thanks for the help.

anon(242069)

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Yes you do have to use the extended battery cover. It doesn't really add much thickness, instead of having the inward curve at the bottom of the standard cover, it is flush with the speaker. Many normal cases fit no problem but sometimes the slim cases don't fit too well because they have a tight fit on the phone.

I used this in black and was pretty happy with it. It wasn't a perfect fit with the extended battery but was good enough for my needs.
Samsung Galaxy Nexus Case Ultra Hybrid Series - GALAXY NEXUS - Samsung - Cell Phones | SPIGEN SGP

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Diztronic tpu case fits perfectly with extended battery and cover.
Seidio makes a surface case specific to the 2100 battery
Casemate Pop fits as well.
I have had a lot of cases with this phone :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995