If no plan to root or unlock then....

vazz98

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
If I plan on keeping the phone stock. As it would be new for me to unlock or root. Which should I get? Rezound or Nexus?

sherri

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
I would guess the Nexus, as it being a Google phone, updates will be available for it first!

Also, it is currently the only phone running the latest OS (Ice Cream Sandwich)...Rezound is on Gingerbread.

Sent from my DROID using Tapatalk

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
one of the real advantages to the nexus line is the freedom to unlock the phone if you choose to

but, it's still great phone and i think design and spec wise it's soo much better than the rezound

Z Fury

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
The Rezound definitely has more bloat, but from what I've been reading, it doesn't hinder performance that much. I'm keeping my phone stock as well, and I was torn between the two devices. I even favored the screen on the Rezound when I finally saw both phones side-by-side. What finally sold me on the Nexus was being on Android 4.0 with no bloat. I figure if I don't like bloat on my PCs or Laptops, why would I want it on a phone...?

Bottom line, if you plan on staying stock, you really can't choose wrong here. That's my opinion though.

Scout_313

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
If that's the case for you, it really boils down to the user experience. Do you like Sense (I personally hate it) or would you prefer pure, unmolested Ice Cream Sandwich? For me, the choice was simple and I was at my local Best Buy at 9am picking up my Galaxy Nexus.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Also you never know when you just might change your mind and decide to root/or try a custom rom I once thought I would never root /custom rom my incredible or dx but I did after 4 months .:)

I picked up my nexus at 9 am btw. I havent unlocked it yet though but I will eventually

jtdiddy

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm going GN over the Rezound. Big reason is i'll get ICS first when who knows when the Rezound and others will get it. Also, being a nexus phone, it will be first in line to get updates in the future directly from Google. I also like the GN's look and feel a bit better than the Rezound (personal taste though)

lastly, i think the freedom in the future to unlock the bootloader and root and do funky stuff is great. not sure if i will but at least the choice is yours.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance