[GUIDE] Return to Stock: Factory Images for the VZW Galaxy Nexus

resu_ruot

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: Factory images for the Verizon Galaxy Nexus

The above link automatically downloads the factory image. If you want a link to the page where it can be found, here it is:

https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images

If you scroll to the bottom of the page you'll find it there listed under:

Factory Images "mysid" for Galaxy Nexus "toro" (CDMA/LTE) (archived, for reference only)

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site

smccloud

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site

Where is the 4.0.4 factory image? I'm getting impatient waiting for the OTA....

mikec8785

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site

I just got a used GNex off of eBay today and decided to follow this post to get a clean start. No problems getting it back to stock and then unlocking.

However, I brought the phone into Verizon to check the ESN and get a 4G SIM. The phone was taking awhile to boot up and actually ended up booting twice. During this time the rep noticed the unlock icon and said she wanted to check the other GNex's in the store because she had never seen the lock before and mine might be rooted. Of course, I know exactly why that's there but I just play dumb because I don't want to lose the insurance that somehow transferred from my DInc2 to the new GNex. Well the phone booted into the welcome screen but she had already checked another GNex on the floor and saw that the lock screen wasn't there. Then once booted up she went to check the software. She said that my software was different than what they supported. She looked at the baseband version and showed me that it was different than the three versions they support. I just kept playing dumb and said OK I'll keep an eye on it. I'm not sure if she took any notes in my file (is that something they do?) but I'm hoping she didn't in case I need to make a warranty claim (the burn in is horrible and might try to get a refurb or return to seller).

My question or comment: Why would the factory images from Google not be supported? Was this rep wrong or would a rep be able to know that I went back to factory even if she hadn't seen the lock icon?

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

I just got a used GNex off of eBay today and decided to follow this post to get a clean start. No problems getting it back to stock and then unlocking.

However, I brought the phone into Verizon to check the ESN and get a 4G SIM. The phone was taking awhile to boot up and actually ended up booting twice. During this time the rep noticed the unlock icon and said she wanted to check the other GNex's in the store because she had never seen the lock before and mine might be rooted. Of course, I know exactly why that's there but I just play dumb because I don't want to lose the insurance that somehow transferred from my DInc2 to the new GNex. Well the phone booted into the welcome screen but she had already checked another GNex on the floor and saw that the lock screen wasn't there. Then once booted up she went to check the software. She said that my software was different than what they supported. She looked at the baseband version and showed me that it was different than the three versions they support. I just kept playing dumb and said OK I'll keep an eye on it. I'm not sure if she took any notes in my file (is that something they do?) but I'm hoping she didn't in case I need to make a warranty claim (the burn in is horrible and might try to get a refurb or return to seller).

My question or comment: Why would the factory images from Google not be supported? Was this rep wrong or would a rep be able to know that I went back to factory even if she hadn't seen the lock icon?

if you return it to stock 4.0.4, and relock the bootloader, they can't tell you ever unlocked it. i mean, maybe there is some way that they could somehow figure it out, but it would be too costly and time consuming.

if you return it to stock, relocked, and act like you have no idea what could have happened even if they have a note, and go to a manager, i bet you'll win eventually.

also - it's not that the factory images are or are not supported, it's that they don't want you messing with your phone and breaking it. they just manage their risk by voiding your warranty if you unlock the bootloader.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I don't see any reason why these factory images wouldn't be legit. Sounds like the rep didn't give you a lot of sound feedback in that regard.

These are exactly what Google and Verizon pushed out. No difference. :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

mikec8785

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site

if you return it to stock 4.0.4, and relock the bootloader, they can't tell you ever unlocked it. i mean, maybe there is some way that they could somehow figure it out, but it would be too costly and time consuming.

if you return it to stock, relocked, and act like you have no idea what could have happened even if they have a note, and go to a manager, i bet you'll win eventually.

also - it's not that the factory images are or are not supported, it's that they don't want you messing with your phone and breaking it. they just manage their risk by voiding your warranty if you unlock the bootloader.

I figured I could just continually play dumb and eventually win out. It was just stupid on my part not to lock the bootloader before I went in to activate the phone. Oh well... live and learn.

mikec8785

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site

I don't see any reason why these factory images wouldn't be legit. Sounds like the rep didn't give you a lot of sound feedback in that regard.

These are exactly what Google and Verizon pushed out. No difference. :)

Yeah basically she showed me three different baseband versions on a screen and said that nowhere did she see "I515.09 V.FC04". I didn't know what she was talking about at the time so I couldn't respond intelligently.

I thought it was odd that there would be any sort of problem with these images but she clearly didn't know much about the phone because she said the unlock meant I was rooted.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Yeah basically she showed me three different baseband versions on a screen and said that nowhere did she see "I515.09 V.FC04". I didn't know what she was talking about at the time so I couldn't respond intelligently.

I thought it was odd that there would be any sort of problem with these images but she clearly didn't know much about the phone because she said the unlock meant I was rooted.

Anyone who has 4.0.4 has that baseband ;). Ignore the 9, that is a hardware discrepancy.

mikec8785

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site

Anyone who has 4.0.4 has that baseband ;). Ignore the 9, that is a hardware discrepancy.

The 9 is what she was looking at in particular... she said she only saw a 10 on all of her documentation. What do you mean a hardware discrepancy?

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

The 9 is what she was looking at in particular... she said she only saw a 10 on all of her documentation. What do you mean a hardware discrepancy?

There are two hardware types in baseband - 9 (which is older) and 10 (which is, coincidentally, newer and fewer). I have had 4 devices, and I believe all 4 were 9. At least my latest one...

Reactions: mikec8785

mikec8785

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site

There are two hardware types in baseband - 9 (which is older) and 10 (which is, coincidentally, newer and fewer). I have had 4 devices, and I believe all 4 were 9. At least my latest one...

Thanks! Now when I go into the store I can speak intelligently if they give me any grief.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Thanks! Now when I go into the store I can speak intelligently if they give me any grief.

lol they won't know that. Not many people know what's different between the two different revisions. The most plausible line of thinking is that they were trying out a slight variation in hardware but it never really took off. In fact, I didn't even start seeing a .10 hardware version until...late February? March? So the bulk of the GN's out there have .9 :).

But have no fear, the rep you spoke to had absolutely no knowledge on the situation.

spencer0279

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Re: Return to Stock: Factory Images for the VZW Galaxy Nexus

no, before it does anything after it says the package is good it pops up after it attempts to start the flash :| it stops before anything saying that the flashstock.bat is missing

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: Return to Stock: Factory Images for the VZW Galaxy Nexus

What are you flashing on? What type of machine? That's very odd--are you positive your drivers and such are set up?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac