Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Ok sorry again one more question when I power down and boot into bootloader and for some reason my computer won't read my device I can still boot back up like normal right?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    2,199 Global Posts
    ROM
    JB

Default Re: [GUIDE] How To Unlock Bootloader and Root Verizon Galaxy Nexu

Quote Originally Posted by dc iz 2 legit View Post
    Ok sorry again one more question when I power down and boot into bootloader and for some reason my computer won't read my device I can still boot back up like normal right?

while on that screen update the drivers manually in device manager . unplug then replug
    I'm the ROOT man
    G Talk: Upstreammiami3o5
    Let me help you ROOT your phone

Ok I know I saw it some where but I have my phone in download mode connected to pc than my computer proceded to update the driver to Android 1.0 do I need to upgrade them again

Edit: says its up too date and I see no yellow ! Symbol anywere in Android devices

Edit: so I tried to see if my device was recognized and nothing came up after they installed in the bootloader wtf

Edit I heard if u install pda net drivers they work

I'm still kinda new to rooting, and everything, but I'm curious, with the Nexus, do you lose root when the new OTAs come out? I thought I've heard that with other phones, OTAs cause the user to lose root if downloaded. But, since the Nexus is a "developer's phone", I'm wondering if Google's OTAs are set up so that the user doesn't lose root access?

Alright I guess the drivers were installed all along now I'm just sitin at the google window time to wait

Edit: YEAHHH!!!! IT WAS A GREAT SUCCESS!!! I guess the big thing is having the drivers installed and not pulling the battery. Also if u put in cmd ....abd devices it will not tell you at least in my situation it didn't

I'm having trouble getting to step 9.

Is there something you must do at step 8 to get the screen with the green dude?

This is my first andriod phone ever and first time rooting.

So if I'm missing something please let me know.

Also, what do I do with that usb_drivers folder?

I figured it all out.

Got it rooted successfully.

Thanks for the guide.

I suggest adding more details regarding what to do with the drivers and confirming that they are installed properly.
    Robots Will Kill

Global Posts
    11,968 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by octo996 View Post
    I'm having trouble getting to step 9.

Is there something you must do at step 8 to get the screen with the green dude?

This is my first andriod phone ever and first time rooting.

So if I'm missing something please let me know.

Also, what do I do with that usb_drivers folder?
    Turn the phone off. Hold down the volume up and down keys together. Make sure theyre both pressed down together.... then also add the power button to the mix.. so that you have the volume up, down and power all pushed together.... release when you see the green robot.

I was prepared for the worst -- or at the very least some driver wrangling and waiting on reboots -- but nope: flawless unlock/root process in about 5 minutes total. (Ignoring the extra 5 minutes for the final reboot.)

Thanks for posting this up!

Edit to add:

This is only my second time rooting a device, the first being a Bionic I returned, so I'm still pretty much a noob at this. I had more issues getting the Bionic drivers working correctly. With the Nexus I just pointed the orphan "Galaxy" entry in Device Manager to the USB driver folder and it picked it up immediately, no fuss whatsoever. The Bionic also had to go through a 3 or 4-stage root process, with manual input and slow reboots between each. The GN took about 5 seconds of actual processing time to do its stuff, the rest of the 5 minute process was me downloading, unzipping, and running the shell commands. Altogether a really painless process.

ROM
    stock

Quote Originally Posted by Terrigno View Post
    Everytime I get to the last Command Prompt, It always says waiting for device. I dont get it. I have the Samsung Drivers installed, USB installed and did everything else. When I notice that I plug the usb in before I put the phone in fastboot mode, It makes the studder step sound of the USB inserted on the computer. Instead of the full Sound a USB connection makes. Can anyone help me with this?
    i get this too i have done all i can to try to get it to work but no go anyone out there know what i can do to fix it.

I cannot get the USB drivers installed. I plug the phone into the computer, it says the OMAP driver is not installed, but doesn't give me the option to install it. I go to device mgr and it doesn't show up in the list. i'm stumped...

*edit

I worked it out.

ROM
    stock

Quote Originally Posted by complexx View Post
    I cannot get the USB drivers installed. I plug the phone into the computer, it says the OMAP driver is not installed, but doesn't give me the option to install it. I go to device mgr and it doesn't show up in the list. i'm stumped...
    same here i have done everything, i have never had this problem on my computer i have had a fassy and a charge and both of them worked good now this everytime i download drivers and them plug in my phone it trys to install drivers and then it says the not installed part and thats it i cant get my computer and phone to talk and its killing me please help i have my wife mad at me too because this was only going to take like 2 mins and now its been 3 hours and nothing im about to drop this computer off the top of my house.

Quote Originally Posted by tysdad08 View Post
    i get this too i have done all i can to try to get it to work but no go anyone out there know what i can do to fix it.
    I had this happen this morning...tried for hours to fix. Tried all kinds of stuff. Reloaded the drivers 50 times.

This worked for me...open your device manager and you will see your phone in the list...expand it to see samsung adb something...forget what it says exactly.
    Anyway double click or right click and choose to install driver from there.

ROM
    stock

Quote Originally Posted by davey11 View Post
    I had this happen this morning...tried for hours to fix. Tried all kinds of stuff. Reloaded the drivers 50 times.

This worked for me...open your device manager and you will see your phone in the list...expand it to see samsung adb something...forget what it says exactly.
    Anyway double click or right click and choose to install driver from there.
    Did u do that with your phone plugged in and on or what?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Awesome, this worked perfectly using win7 x64. Like the previous posters say, the whole process takes about 5 minutes, including time to reboot out of the Google screen after you root.

Some tips from my experience:
    • Seems like you only need super boot and the usb drivers file found in op.
    • When I booted into fast boot, I opened device manager as suggested on first page and manually installed usb drivers file (got the warning from win 7 about installing it and bypassed)
    • Next, I unlocked the bootloader, then rooted.
    • Afterwards, it goes to the Google black screen. I left the usb cable plugged into the phone and held down the power button for about 10 seconds.
    • After that, nothing happens and it stays on the screen, but if you wait a few minutes, it will reboot on it's own and go into the initial startup.

For normal Windows usage, I installed the updated Samsung driver that's mentioned by Greydarrah in an earlier post in this thread.
    Samsung

Thanks a bunch for the great guide and good luck in rooting ~ Cheers!

Did u do that with your phone plugged in and on or what?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    Yes plugged in.

ROM
    stock

ok no matter what i do it cant download the drivers even doing it when the phone is pluged in i go to device manger and i see other devices and then android 1.0 with ! beside it but it can not down load the drivers and if i go and download the drivers my self it never does it it says didnt now install drivers. I dont know what is wrong when my dumb computer its really pissing me off

edit: i got it to work think god!!!!

ok no matter what i do it cant download the drivers even doing it when the phone is pluged in i go to device manger and i see other devices and then android 1.0 with ! beside it but it can not down load the drivers and if i go and download the drivers my self it never does it it says didnt now install drivers. I dont know what is wrong when my dumb computer its really pissing me off
    Let it load from your comp. Get the usb driver dl from the op...not the samsung one.

Just point it to the usb driver folder.

Global Posts
    2,199 Global Posts
    ROM
    JB

you guys dont sleep
    I'm the ROOT man

Quote Originally Posted by Upstreammiami View Post
    you guys dont sleep
    Its only 7:12 pm here in Hawaii

Global Posts
    2,199 Global Posts
    ROM
    JB

Quote Originally Posted by davey11 View Post
    Its only 7:12 pm here in Hawaii
    ahhh i see lol
    I'm the ROOT man

I copied the files and pasted in the "c drive in a folder I made called root",,,,the file icons doesnt look exactly like the one in the OP dont really know why (should they ?)
    Im on windows Xp but the file sizes are the same .

When I get into bootloader I look at device manager and see no errors it looks like the picture in the Samsung driver link .

I open command prompt and in command prompt it shows:
    C:\ Documents and Settings\Administrators>

when I type cd C:/ the next line that pops up is as the same as first line :
    so its :C:\ Documents and Settings\Administrators>
    and if I type :
    cd root it says path not found so Im doing something wrong in command prompt I think
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,396 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

Maybe try moving the root file you created to C:/Documents and settings/Admin location and see if that works. I'm not sure why your command prompt would take you there
    Thanked by:
    Robots Will Kill

Global Posts
    11,968 Global Posts

Like Mclarryjr said.... the path should be C:/root .....it shouldnt be in documents and settings.
    Thanked by:

Wooo Hooo lol that did it .
    Have to admit tho it took awhile to boot up after rooting but I knew not to pull out the battery .

It was a relief to seee it Finally come back on tho

Thanks Rooted once again ha now i can use my root apps again.

been on the Google boot screen for about 10 minutes now, tried unplugging the USB and holding the power button down
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast