unlocking Bootloader & Rooting

MedlongOne

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I'm completely ignorant about this, but I really want to learn.
I know that if you root or do any of the above on a Android phone, it can void your warranty. Does anyone know if it is the same on the Nexus? Especially since this device is made to do all those things.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I know that if you root or do any of the above on a Android phone, it can void your warranty. Does anyone know if it is the same on the Nexus? Especially since this device is made to do all those things.

It's possible, if they can show that you did something to brick your phone.

My advice is to take in all the information you can from this forum, do online searches and watch videos. The problem with most of the videos is that it doesn't show you what to do if something goes wrong. Also, if you know someone who has already done it, that may be your best bet.

Reactions: MedlongOne

iBowToAndroid

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site

Yes it voids it, but if you have a hardware malfunction, a Nexus is the easiest phone to un-root and re-lock for warranty replacement

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX