Google Wallet now on the Verizon Galaxy Nexus

bmoore0909

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys...I installed Google Wallet fine and got my $10 card as the default.

At my work in the cafeteria they accept mobile paypass. I unlocked my screen, put it next to the sensor and NOTHING happened!
Do you have to hold it there for a period of time? Because I had a line behind me I didnt wanna sit there too long and fiddle with it, so I just left. I only had it up to the paypass sensor for maybe 2 seconds.

One thing that may be weird...each time I open Google Wallet it says "Initializing device". Does this mean it's not ready for it before I open the program? It says in the HELP guide that Wallet doesn't need to be opened for it to work.

Any ideas? Maybe I didnt hold it up there long enough? And each time you open up Wallet does it say Initializing device?

Thanks!

lakedubvt

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I used it at McDonalds today too. You place the back of the phone on the paypass with the screen on (no need to open app) The app should open on its own once it reads the paypass (takes 1 or 2 seconds). Then it will ask for your pin. Enter pin then place phone back on paypass to finish checkout. The look on the cashier's face today was priceless haha

LocationDudeNYC

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Just used it for the first time at Duane Reade. If the cashier spoke Engrish and had an IQ above an olive pit I just know she would've been as impressed as I was.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

imomperousse

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
I would like to personally thank Google for my free lunch today. I opened GW ahead of time so all i had to do was place the phone on the paypass reader and within a second it transfered and I heard the receipt printing. Pretty cool...

I was disappointed though cause the cashier didn't seem impressed....I think others have been coming in before me :(

11%2B-%2B1

DaPoets

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys...I installed Google Wallet fine and got my $10 card as the default.

At my work in the cafeteria they accept mobile paypass. I unlocked my screen, put it next to the sensor and NOTHING happened!
Do you have to hold it there for a period of time? Because I had a line behind me I didnt wanna sit there too long and fiddle with it, so I just left. I only had it up to the paypass sensor for maybe 2 seconds.

One thing that may be weird...each time I open Google Wallet it says "Initializing device". Does this mean it's not ready for it before I open the program? It says in the HELP guide that Wallet doesn't need to be opened for it to work.

Any ideas? Maybe I didnt hold it up there long enough? And each time you open up Wallet does it say Initializing device?

Thanks!

if you change your battery, you should probably run google wallet once because the NFC is based on your battery. hold the phone to the paypass terminal, your Gnex will ask you for your passcode, then you touch the paypass terminal again. transaction done.

I bought groceries w/ it today :)

craigcls

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Sweet deal! Got my $10, but did find I had to download the apk directly with my phone in order to install it correctly. First, I downloaded it with my computer and transferred the file, but it is a zip file that wanted to be installed via CWM. I am rooted, but am not ready to flash CWM yet as i still would like to recieve the OTA updates for a bit (don't see any reason to flash any other ROM's with this awesome phone;)). I finally downloaded with the phone and clicked on the file after it finished. Installed perfectly. Thanks.

farbster

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Maybe I did something wrong, but I was able to download the .apk file and install GW on my Nexus. I was able to use it at the store. Once I unlocked the bootloader and rooted the phone, it would not let me reinstall/use GW. I got some error message (can't remember what). Doing some research, it seems like you can only do it once. I've read about this problem on other forums. Hopefully someone will come up with a fix.

Just a little warning :)

farbster

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
My error message was "Secure Element not responding. The Secure Element has stopped responding. Please contact Google Wallet support"

anon(525422)

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Installed GW over the holiday but was out of the country and didn't get to test it. But I got bored in the back of the cab on the way back from the airport, so I fired it up, claimed my $10, loaded up the prepaid card with a little extra, then used my phone to pay the fare. :)

It'll be nice when there's direct access to a broader variety of credit cards. Having to go through the prepaid card, make sure it's loaded up with sufficient funds, and still always have that couple of dollars left unused ... kinda defeats the whole convenience factor.

So for now it's actually less convenient than simply tapping my RFID Amex card (which is my go-to card anyway) on the terminal, albeit far cooler. :D GW should come into its own when I can select which card to pay from, so I don't have to carry all those extra pieces of plastic around -- when it actually becomes a "wallet" rather than a flashy Google Prepaid Card, which it is at the moment.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad