Anybody gonna start using Rom manager?

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Yea I know rom manager is for sissies, and was really frowned upon on my past 2 devices, the fascinate and charge.

It now seems the Nexus is now fully supported on RM. I've heard it called the lazy mans way to flash stuff and well I am kinda......lazy.

I tried flashing the cwm in RM and it works, after all Koush is the defacto standard for cwm.

Whatcha think?

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
i wouldn't use rom manager to load roms or backups at all.. only for themes or simple zip files to flash over

I get you man, but way back in my early days on android, I paid for the dam thing and its on my google account so I d/led it and checked it out. I mean if it does do all the things it does correctly, would be good for nubies.

NewAge

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
At this point I have only used it to flash recovery and boot into CWM. Other then that I don't touch it. I use quickboot now to boot into recovery and doubt I will use ROM manager again.

Unless to update recovery, but only AFTER I have 100% verification its for Gnex (cdma) and working. Being stuck wwith a broke recovery is bad.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I'm using it to flash recovery and made my first backup. I have always used to backup and restore without any issues but never use to download roms or anything else.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
It's not noobie to do it the easy way, it's just the easy way. Just like digitalslacker said, just make sure you know how to do it the hard way so if anything forces you to fix it from recovery etc.