Trouble with Clockwork Recovery

wege12

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Just before I begin I want to say that I did try and search for this but unfortunately could not find anything.

My question is how do i go about installing Clockwork Recovery on my Nexus permanently? I know there are guides but they never seem to be specific enough for me to understand. My nexus is rooted and unlocked.

So any help?

Thanks

Upstreammiami

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Just before I begin I want to say that I did try and search for this but unfortunately could not find anything.

My question is how do i go about installing Clockwork Recovery on my Nexus permanently? I know there are guides but they never seem to be specific enough for me to understand. My nexus is rooted and unlocked.

So any help?

Thanks

Download rom manager from the market

NewAge

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
At top of ROM manager it says flash recovery. Make sure you select CDMA. Let it do its thing. Should get a success message. Second line of ROM manager is boot into recovery.

Use root explorer aand go to /system folder. Rename "recovery-from-boot" with a one in front. Then reboot into recovery. Otherwise stock recovery is reflashed.

wege12

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Use root explorer aand go to /system folder. Rename "recovery-from-boot" with a one in front. Then reboot into recovery. Otherwise stock recovery is reflashed.

And thats the part that is a little fuzzy for me. Which Root Exploer do i download? (whos the developer?) And rename "recovery-from-boot" to "1recovery-from-boot"?

Thanks

NewAge

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Speed software is Dev. Once in the app navigate to the /system folder and you will see the recovery from boot file