First time rooting, big problems and confusion

MrLorence

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Got the GN and was inspired to unlock/root...

I followed these instructions

How To Root the Samsung Galaxy Nexus | TheUnlockr

then these

How To Load a Custom ROM on the Samsung Galaxy Nexus | TheUnlockr

then finally this

How To Enable Facebook Contact Sync on the Samsung Galaxy Nexus | TheUnlockr

i did what it said in the instructions to get me to the point to put that rom on the phone and now i am left SMH...

at this point i dont know what is up or down because i am so confused...

I am trying to get back into recovery mode and when I try to by using the buttons method it loads up for a second then shows the android guy with the red triangle above him and thats it...it was allowing me to get access to the recovery screen through the ROM manager but that now is also not working...

I am beginning to feel like i made a mistake and should just try and go back to stock with the phone or just return it and get another phone and not try to do this again..

Any immediate help would be appreciated as I am sitting here staring at the computer looking for a solution..

MrLorence

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Nevermind,

I Googled how to return the phone back to its normal state (unrooted and locked) and did that with no problem..

There was no way that I was going to return the thing to Verizon only to have it eventually hurt the rooting community, so i just kept at it and found the above solution.

I think I will just have to read a little bit more about rooting or find someone in my area that is very savy in this area to show me how to do it..

mikewelch5

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I have a similar problem. Im unlocked and rooted. Super User is installed and ive installed rom manager. I made a CWR, rebooted into recovery ad made a nandroid back up. But now when i try to reboot into recovery, it comes up with the red exclamation over the droid. I wonder whats up? I dont know if this has anything to do with it, but when i try to reboot into rwcovery, right before the phone goes off, it saya Super User has stopped working.

iBowToAndroid

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I have a similar problem. Im unlocked and rooted. Super User is installed and ive installed rom manager. I made a CWR, rebooted into recovery ad made a nandroid back up. But now when i try to reboot into recovery, it comes up with the red exclamation over the droid. I wonder whats up? I dont know if this has anything to do with it, but when i try to reboot into rwcovery, right before the phone goes off, it saya Super User has stopped working.

I would wipe data on SU. For CWR to be permanent, you need to move or re-name the file that checks to see if you have the stock recovery every time you restart - did you do that step?