Motoblur on ICS?

bbhybridchris

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if this is the right place for this. I do not wanna do this but a friend has used Moto phones for years and wanted to know if there is anyway to hack on the Blur UI overtop of the stock Nexus? Don't know if it can be done or has been done...he was curious and I figured I'd ask the genius minds here.

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Its probably possible but I don't think its been done before...Im not sure any dev would want to do that. Blur has a bad rap. It has been done with sense on a few devices

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Smitty_82

Android Addict
Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
If your "friend" really wanted this, you could prob theme ADW launcher to resemble Moto, but that's about as close as it's going to get.

borgey401

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if this is the right place for this. I do not wanna do this but a friend has used Moto phones for years and wanted to know if there is anyway to hack on the Blur UI overtop of the stock Nexus? Don't know if it can be done or has been done...he was curious and I figured I'd ask the genius minds here.

That's a good way to absolutely slaughter a great looking UI. Not sure why anyone would even think about doing that. Pretty much defeats the whole purpose of a Nexus. Tell him to buy a Razr, it'll get ICS with that crap blur on top of it.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Haha... as you can tell from the responses, OP, that's a sickening idea :)

But no, you wouldn't be able to anyway because Moto still has to finish designing what will become Blur on ICS. It's not as simple as taking some blur files and sticking them in there, they are going to need to decide how much influence they want over it for their phones and that's why its going to take them a good while to update the current line of phones to ICS. Like someone else said, there will probably be theming options available but that's about it.

And yeah, your buddy would not want blur ruining ICS. Not one bit.

dc iz 2 legit

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Its a terrible idea! But I do own a thunderbolt and there is a dev working on this it boots up but with many problems so i would think its possible

http://rootzwiki.com/topic/5589-wipdevproof-of-concept-ninjablur-tbolt-port-updated-121111/

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Last edited:

willlayb

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
the only piece of blur i want is the camcorder and the settings that came with that. i go to a lot of concerts and like to take videos and the blur camcorder app had "concert" setting video options that actually didnt distort the sound from being so loud