After flashing any rom

oneninja

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I was just wondering how does everyone restore all apps when flashing a new rom? Is their anyway to get all the home screens back to how you had them before flashing. I have titanium and have tried other back ups but I was just seeing if their was any other way. Sorry for such a newb question

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
I first let Google restore all the apps via the market
Then I restore what I need to via Titanium

To my knowledge there isn't a way to restore your Home Screen setup in the stock launcher. You can, I believe, do so with 3rd party launchers for the icons but if i recall correctly it won't restore widgets.

If anyone does know how to restore homescreen stuff that'd be awesome, save me lots of time.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
There is no way to backup your home screen layout/settings that I'm aware of. I use titanium backup and restore all my apps with data then just have to manual set up my homescreen. You could use another launcher like ADW or the new ICS launcher Nova and back them up with the rest of your app's with TB and restore after flashing.

Halo

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I use Launcher Pro. That allows you to make backup/restores of your home screens. The only thing it doesn't restore are the widgets you have on the home screens.

oneninja

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
There is no way to backup your home screen layout/settings that I'm aware of. I use titanium backup and restore all my apps with data then just have to manual set up my homescreen. You could use another launcher like ADW or the new ICS launcher Nova and back them up with the rest of your app's with TB and restore after flashing.

I used desk migrate to switch between launchers and it restores the home sccreens. I just dont know if I wipe and flash a rom if it will save the data of home screens.

oneninja

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
in referance to titanium. When I do a app/data restore I have to manually accept and restore each app. How can I do a total batch without have to sit their and accept each one

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
in referance to titanium. When I do a app/data restore I have to manually accept and restore each app. How can I do a total batch without have to sit their and accept each one

hit menu in the restore tab and hit batch restore
then go down to the restore section and hit run next restore all user apps data

uncheck what you don't want to restore and hit Batch restore at the top

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae