Can't do a nandroid backup on phone?

Reaperbrah

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I end up getting the android logo with a red triangle and an exclamation point in the middle. Is there a way to fix this? I have titatium backup installed, is that causing the problems? I do the normal flash clockworkmod recovery without any issues. Thanks.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
What I do that works (on my phone) is launch ROM Mamager, click Flash ClockworkMod Recovery, select Nexus CDMA, click OK after it finishes, click Reboot into Recovery and then it reboots and takes me to the reboot recovery screen where you can make a backup. There is some file renaming you can do so that you aren't required to Flash ClockworkMod Recovery before you reboot into recovery, but I didn't want to do it, so I just flash any time I need to do something.

Mr. Poppalopolis

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
For a while I had to reinstall CWM every time I had to boot into it but that problem has since gone away. Just flash it every time it doesn't work and maybe it will eventually work normally.

Reaperbrah

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
What I do that works (on my phone) is launch ROM Mamager, click Flash ClockworkMod Recovery, select Nexus CDMA, click OK after it finishes, click Reboot into Recovery and then it reboots and takes me to the reboot recovery screen where you can make a backup. There is some file renaming you can do so that you aren't required to Flash ClockworkMod Recovery before you reboot into recovery, but I didn't want to do it, so I just flash any time I need to do something.

yeah but if I reboot into recovery it does the android logo with a red exclamtion point, i might just rename the file.

xelhabb

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Reaperbrah,

I am having the same EXACT problem. I think every forum is missing something because I am unlocked, rooted, and getting the red exclamation everytime I try to use Rom Manager to get into recovery to flash my new ROM.

I deleted the file to get back in, but it is my understanding that you will lose your backup image in doing this. Everyone who is offering solutions if failing to realize this. Certainly you will be able to flash your ROM this way, but you lose your ability to flash back to your previous state. This pretty much defeats the purpose of having ROM manager in the first place.

I purchased Root Explorer. So I am repeating the nandroid backup process and am going to rename the file and then try again. I'll report back.

xelhabb

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Well, looks like when you delete the backup file and run a Clockwork Mod Recovery again and create a nandroid backup, you fix the problem.

However, even if you create another backup image, you will never get that backup file if you delete it. Mine is gone despite running the process again in its entirety. I don't know if this is good or bad.

But, my Rom Manager is working now. I can boot into recovery mode from the app.

Reaperbrah

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Well, looks like when you delete the backup file and run a Clockwork Mod Recovery again and create a nandroid backup, you fix the problem.

However, even if you create another backup image, you will never get that backup file if you delete it. Mine is gone despite running the process again in its entirety. I don't know if this is good or bad.

But, my Rom Manager is working now. I can boot into recovery mode from the app.

I just did this [HOW-TO] CWM on LTE Version through Rom Manager - xda-developers. Just need root explorer and press and hold on the file and select rename, and boom it's all good.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney