[rom] AXI0M

AdamHLG

Trusted Member
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
This is my first MOD but I must say to my untrained eye I am getting almost double the battery life from the stock ICS. Is this possible? If not double it is surely much better. Been playing on and off all day and still at 41% battery!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I'm sure it has a better battery life then stock but not sure if it doubles. I have been running this rom since the first build so its been awhile since I was running stock so I can't compare. But I do know the GN battery life is much better then any other Android phone I've had, on average I go down about 7% an hour using the extended battery.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
One thing that is bugging me is that the home screen grid seems to be 4 x 4. My bottom row of icons are too far from the dock divider. Is there a way to change the number of columns and rows on the stock launcher? I had Nova before I installed this rom. The only thing that I didn't like is when I increased the number of rows, the Beautiful weather bar had the temperatures cut off on the bottom. Is this as simple as resizing the widget to use 2 rows? I really don't want to use up that much real estate on the weather widget.

mannw1977

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone having issue logging in to web sites on 2.4. I did and I reflashed to the T twice. I had to go back to 2.2. When I was on 2.4 it wouldnt allow me to log into android central and would lockup. Any thoughts on this. Everything else I used was working fine.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure it has a better battery life then stock but not sure if it doubles. I have been running this rom since the first build so its been awhile since I was running stock so I can't compare. But I do know the GN battery life is much better then any other Android phone I've had, on average I go down about 7% an hour using the extended battery.

Batt life is great, trying franco's kernel now and its even better. Idling, like overnight and with 4G on, I lose about 1% per hour or LESS :)
JDKernel was very similar, I'd recommend both tbh.

One thing that is bugging me is that the home screen grid seems to be 4 x 4. My bottom row of icons are too far from the dock divider. Is there a way to change the number of columns and rows on the stock launcher? I had Nova before I installed this rom. The only thing that I didn't like is when I increased the number of rows, the Beautiful weather bar had the temperatures cut off on the bottom. Is this as simple as resizing the widget to use 2 rows? I really don't want to use up that much real estate on the weather widget.

Nova is the way to go.. I have it set on 5x5.. I use BW Superclock 5x2 widget and it fits perfect.. I'll add a screenshot in a sec..

a6f80206-467e-fbd8.jpg

Is anyone having issue logging in to web sites on 2.4. I did and I reflashed to the T twice. I had to go back to 2.2. When I was on 2.4 it wouldnt allow me to log into android central and would lockup. Any thoughts on this. Everything else I used was working fine.

Have no problems logging into websites on 2.4, no problems period on 2.4 honestly, lol. But I haven't tried AC, I got tapatalk a few weeks ago so just use that for all my forum needs.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

If you flashed the same download twice maybe try to download maybe you got a bad one.

robstunner

Android Connoisseur
Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Only issues ive been seeing are:

1.) Bluetooth audio is scratchy. Every once in a while there is a high pitched scratch (very short) that plays over the speakers in my car. Also, Volume+ and the included DSP manager apps dont work.

2.) gPod looses the music in my media folders. The files are there, but it looses them when you click on them in the app. Not a big deal, but just something i noticed.

xweb10

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Only issues ive been seeing are:

1.) Bluetooth audio is scratchy. Every once in a while there is a high pitched scratch (very short) that plays over the speakers in my car. Also, Volume+ and the included DSP manager apps dont work.

Thanks for the tip. I was just about to try flashing this as my first ROM and now I wont waste my time.

mikemartin88

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the tip. I was just about to try flashing this as my first ROM and now I wont waste my time.

I am running 2.4 and have had no issues with BT audio, or any other issues at all. Just saying don't abandon the ROM because of one person's experience - no way to tell if it was the ROM or something else. BTW, I was VERY happy to find the Google Wallet App waiting for me after flashing 2.4 also. Put some money on the Google pre-paid card and zipped down to Meijer - works like a champ.

Mike

SuperChargedJ

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Just flashed 2.4 also from a Rooted/Unlocked Bootloader Stock and I love this ROM. I'm still working my way around but love how responsive it is. I have experienced no issues with opening web pages as some have reported. Right now, I'm just trying to figure out how to change the Boot Animation which I'll figure out in no time.