Phone died and won't charge?

jeerme

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
I drained my lithium battery died by not plugin in at 2%

I Fixed it BY WAIT FOR IT >>>> putting the battery in my FREEZER. Just like mom did to my AAA battery's to my toys when i was little .. AND IT WORKED
Thinking maybe it was just luck i did not think much of it .. but THIS morning the same phone i LET DIE Again ..

So i put it in the freezer and - IT WORKED AGAIN .. BTW i only put in there for a little over 2 mins
GOOD LUCK .. DON'T LET YOUR PHONE DIE

Andreadiane

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
First of all, you need to make sure it's not a SOD (screen of Death/Darkness) where the phone is actually running but it the screen won't wake. If you do a battery pull and then it reboots, then it's likely you have a SOD situation. If the phone is in a SOD state and you plug it in, it will charge, but still appear dead, leading you to believe it's not charging. That's why the first thing you should do is a battery pull.

Other than that, you can try a different battery or see if that battery will charge in another phone. If it turns our you have a bad USB port, you can try the Touchstone MOD listed below. It won't fix a broken USB port, but it will charge your phone.

I need the MOD how do I do this? HELP!

HTC Carl

May 20, 2013
Visit site
My phone wouldn't charge after dying completely. Non-removable battery (HTC One M9). This trick i found somewhere else on the interwebs worked for me:

Hold down power and Volume up for up to 2 minutes. Usually takes about 50 seconds. I suggest doing this after letting your phone charge for a little while. I had mine on a quick charger for more than an hour, but it wouldn't boot and no lights indicating charging. But when i did the power trick, the phone booted up with 80% battery (because it was charging for for a while). Some people reported that it would boot to a field test mode, and they had to hold the power and volume again to get out of it. This is for HTC M9. May work on other HTC phones, and there may be other combinations for other manufacturers. Your mileage may vary... :D

My guess is that the phone goes to a safety mode so you don't turn on the phone and completely drain the Lithium Ion battery (or maybe it's LiPo). But either way is bad to completely drain Lithium batteries, as they won't recover. So the phone won't let you try to boot. This would allow a technician to charge it for a period and then use the trick to get the phone back up. Thereby protecting the battery from full depletion.

Luluuda

Mar 24, 2017
Visit site
Re: Phone died and won't charge

So weird you posted this on my birthday. but yeah I am having the same problem for like a month now. my phone would stop working for a weeks times and then start working again after I try .. like idk its a Samsung and I just got this last year May should I take it back ?. I tired the volume thing and it don't response to it . when I had it on charge it started counting down from 20% to 0% and then it stop charging
I need help:-

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney