if possible can someone help

nybaseball21

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
i wanted to unroot and relock bootloader but now i cant get passed the bootanimation all i can do is go into fastboot mode and cwm recovery. if anybody could help i would appreciate it.

edit doesnt get passed google

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
You could simple restore everything to stock and start over? That's the true benefit of a Nexus device, it's a developer phones and developers break stuff, so Google gave them a life boat in the form of the factory images.

I might write up a guide if I have time tonight because I'm seeing this question more and more as people start learning how to hack this device. There's nothing wrong with that at all. I can't count the number of times I've soft bricked a phone...

Step 1 - Get ADB setup on your PC

I would use this sticky thread
http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...ock-bootloader-root-verizon-galaxy-nexus.html

Follow it to step 10, that should be enough to get ADB working on the device.

Step 2 - Restore Images

Follow these steps for restoring
[HOW-TO] Take LTE back to 100% Stock - xda-developers

Instead of putting the restore images in the SDK/Tools directory you want to put them in the superroot folder created in the thread above. Then start at step 4 of that guide to begin restoring.

Warning, that'll erase everything and restore your phone to an out of the box state.

I'll try and do a step by step tonight and post it up for everyone so we have one thread on restoring to stock.

nybaseball21

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
how can i get the rom onto the phone, my laptop doesnt detect the phone. no internal storage comes up

edit: if i boot into fastboot mode and go to device manger on the pc it says android phone adb working wproperly but how do i get the cmd to tell the pho9ne to run the commands

Last edited:

twindragons187

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
He doesn't have a back up to restore. That's why I said find a rom n mount USB in cmr.
Now if there's the stock rom floating around, he could use that but I haven't seen one

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Elaborating a little bit more on the process.

So ADB (http://www.androidcentral.com/what-adb) is a tool we use to get low level access to the devices.
Think of it as a step below Recovery
Normally, we use recovery (specifically Clockwork Recovery or CWR) to flash, backup and restore. When we can't do that we can use ADB to push execute commands and push files to the devices.

So if you CAN get into recovery, go here (Toro - Downloads) and grab the latest of Pete's Stock Rooted ROMs (ICL53F) and flash it like you would a custom ROM.

If you've borked it to the point that you can't get into CWR anymore...ADB and the system restore stuff i outlined above will fix you up.

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
i know i need to push the files through adb but the pc barley recongnizes the phone

you need to put the phone into the bootloader
and make sure you have the ADB drivers installed

The drivers are here http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...ock-bootloader-root-verizon-galaxy-nexus.html in the "BEFORE YOU BEGIN" section.

you can put the phone into the bootloader by "9) Put the device into bootloader mode by holding down Vol Up + Vol Down + Power and release when you see this screen."

Then open device manager on your comptuer...one of the first items should be Android Phone with "ADB Device" below it in the tree. If you have that, and it doesn't have a yellow exclamation point over it, your'd good to proceed with the post i linked to on XDA

If you don't see that then you need to install the drivers. If you do it see but it's got the yellow exclamation point then first try right clicking and uninstalling the driver, then unplug and re-plug in the phone...that usually works for me.

Sometimes you need to put the phone in to the bootloader BEFORE the ADB drivers will even install.

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
well like i said before in fastboot mode and i click device manger its says android phone and adb working properly

ok then you should be good

you just need to download the superboot files from my Step 1
then copy the restore images into the c:\root folder that you created in step 1 and downloaded from xda in step 2
then you can start on step 4 of that post.
if you open a command prompt and go to c:\root
then type adb reboot bootloader
the phone should reboot into the bootloader if you are all setup, then you can proceed with the other steps

You'll never see the device mount through my computer unless you have working OS EDIT, working OS on the phone.

Last edited:

nybaseball21

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
the command prompt tells me adb is not recongnized as internal or external command

edit: i open the command prompt in the sdk tools folder type adb reboot bootloader device not found

Last edited:

twindragons187

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
In cwr, go to advanced, scroll down to mount USB. If it will let u, the computer should recognize it and allow u to open it as a disk drive. Then just put the rom in a folder that u can navigate to

Forgive my ignorance, the USB method does not work. Try uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling them

Give DroidXcon a messege. he helped me big time back with my facinate. he's one of the Mods here. he knows samsung for sure!!

Last edited:

nybaseball21

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
i just dont get it, in device manger it sasy adb working prorperly but i open cmd in platform tools and type adb reboot boootloader device not found

when i look at the phone is says fastboot command read error

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
i just dont get it, in device manger it sasy adb working prorperly but i open cmd in platform tools and type adb reboot boootloader device not found

when i look at the phone is says fastboot command read error
try right clicking on ADB device in device manager and hitting uninstall
then unplug and replug in the phone...let the driver init... try an adb command again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae