Red ! Triangle - Reboot Recovery

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Every time I attempted to enter Recovery Mode I get the red triangle with " ! " and android lying on the ground. I've tried to get to recovery via rom manager, also power + volume up/down no luck. Anyone now a fix... Thanks in advance.

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I have 5.5.0.4 installed. Is that the most recent? I have no data cause of the outage unable to see if there are any updates.

twindragons187

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Can u hook to wifi? Have u tried just rebooting the phone? Once u get data again, click on it to install it again. Won't hurt nothing. Then from rom manager click on reboot to recovery.

Reactions: anthony2558

AZDROIDX

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
I have the same issue with mine, just updates Busybox and has a log that it should now work with Nexus on 12/28 but it's the same version I already had. I can get to recovery after the red triangle on mine, pressing the lock or lock/volume does it. I still need a lot to learn about installing ROMs, my Tbolts recovery was simple with more options like installing zip options?! My GN is already unlocked and rooted so more reading is needed.

AZDROIDX

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Rename /system/boot-from-recovery.p to boot-from-recovery.p.bak. that's overwriting CWM.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

That's what I'm reading right now, thanks! As long as I go into recovery right after flashing I have no issue. Need a lot to learn coming from rooted Tbolt.

Edit: Looks like I need to pay for Root Explorer?!

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
In root explorer be sure to click mount r/w to delete/rename.

figured that out but what the other poster said was look for "boot-from-recovery.p" I'm only finding "recovery-from-boot.p" what one is it that i'm supposed to be renaming?

EDIT: I renamed "recovery-from-boot.p to recovery-from-boot.p.bak and it didnt fix the problem.

Last edited:

ignite023

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue as above, renaming recovery-from-boot.p fixed the issue, but remember you will need to flash the ROM again in order to fix the problem after renaming the file.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois