ICS Update ??????

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
I'm running bugless beast. Its like stock without the bloat and its tweeked for speed. Also running on 4.0.3.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Sure its OK to wait... but you got yourself a nexus for a reason, have some fun with it. You can easily get back to stock if you ever need. Most of us here have been on 4.0.3 systems for weeks already, there's no reason you should wait. I don't think its going to be released until its finalized by Google (there are still some minor issues with it, such as camera effects), then Verizon has to approve (face it, they do). Just jump on a ROM already.

I prefer Axi0m ROM but like tntdroid said above, you might do very well with bugless beast, Pete famously releases very stable ROMs and its pretty much just stock with a few tweaks. Do some reading and jump in!

Angelowaslike

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
nice thank you for the advice im still 50/50 on rooting my phone tho. its like i dont know what direction i want to head to as far as what im going to do with this piece of technology lol. dont get me wrong i love flashing different rom's an kernels but the possibilities are endless. i have pretty basic knowledge of rooting as i have rooted my 1st OG droid and my Droid Incredible but this galaxy nexus is just so pure to be tampered with lol.

chevyguy8893

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
nice thank you for the advice im still 50/50 on rooting my phone tho. its like i dont know what direction i want to head to as far as what im going to do with this piece of technology lol. dont get me wrong i love flashing different rom's an kernels but the possibilities are endless. i have pretty basic knowledge of rooting as i have rooted my 1st OG droid and my Droid Incredible but this galaxy nexus is just so pure to be tampered with lol.

I started out the same way. I rooted my old samsung continuum to run froyo, but that was the extent of my rooting capabilities. Then I got this phone and said I wasn't going to do anything with it, then after reading though everything available I went for it. That started with AXI0M 2.0 and I have not looked back since. The directions on here make it easy to do. It's fun to do and you don't have to wait for the update to be rolled out from google.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
So Axiom it is. But what about suggestions for a kernel i need power when i need it and still undervolted ?

I'm really enjoying JD's Kernel: [KERNEL] JDkernel Tuna v1.1.2 UPDATED 12/29/11 - RootzWiki

In SetCPU set the governor to Interactive, then forget about it. It runs really really smooth, handles 3D games better than other kernels I've tested, and battery life is great. I undervolted it a bit based on a bunch of suggestions I saw, but really if you're not comfortable you shouldn't stress it. It comes undervolted a bit out of the box and if you like the battery life you get with it, you won't get a sick amount more by undervolting.

Regarding root... I got the Bionic on launch day it was my first android phone. Thought all the rooting and stuff wasn't for me, never thought I would try it. I eventually gave in and rooted about 2-3 weeks in, lol, because I wanted to freeze the bloat on it. Within a week I was flashing ROMs, and within a few months I realized I need the nexus for the unlockable bootloader and all the dev support that would be available. I unlocked and rooted my nex within 2 minutes of getting home with it :)

Angelowaslike

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm really enjoying JD's Kernel: [KERNEL] JDkernel Tuna v1.1.2 UPDATED 12/29/11 - RootzWiki

In SetCPU set the governor to Interactive, then forget about it. It runs really really smooth, handles 3D games better than other kernels I've tested, and battery life is great. I undervolted it a bit based on a bunch of suggestions I saw, but really if you're not comfortable you shouldn't stress it. It comes undervolted a bit out of the box and if you like the battery life you get with it, you won't get a sick amount more by undervolting.

Regarding root... I got the Bionic on launch day it was my first android phone. Thought all the rooting and stuff wasn't for me, never thought I would try it. I eventually gave in and rooted about 2-3 weeks in, lol, because I wanted to freeze the bloat on it. Within a week I was flashing ROMs, and within a few months I realized I need the nexus for the unlockable bootloader and all the dev support that would be available. I unlocked and rooted my nex within 2 minutes of getting home with it :)

Nice thanks for the kernel i will keep this in mind once i get my foot in the door.

j1787

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
New guy here and probably going to get ripped...but here it goes... what exactly is a custom kernal? I understand roms, just not exactly sure what a kernal is?

Unlocking a bootloader just allows for custom options at startup correct?

Also, if i ever have issues with warranty all can be restored and undetected?

Angelowaslike

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
the kernel is the main component of most computer operating systems; it is a bridge between applications and the actual data processing done at the hardware level. The kernel's responsibilities include managing the system's resources (the communication between hardware and software components).

you can anytime bring the phone back to stock at anytime so no worries. you just need to wipe everything at the boot loader once you decide ..... that's if you ever decide to go back lol