[Automated] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.6.2 (Updated 12/29/12)

blunt420

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Re: [Automated] Wug's Galaxy Nexus Root Toolkit v1.3 (Updated 1/2

is it possible to use this tool to just put the 4.04 radios on my unlocked rooted gn and if so anyone got a tutorial or video of how the process is done

WugFresh

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
hey just tried this and it didnt do anything for me. I am trying to go back to stock from gummy and its driving me insane. mine goes into reboot cycles so i have to return to stock then flash rom again. this is not returning my phone to stock rom.

Just saying its "not working" makes it impossible to trouble shoot. Can you please elaborate? Maybe the video tutorials in the OP will help?

{{ WugFresh }}

WugFresh

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
First off, this all seems very impressive and thorough. Thanks Wugs and Cyber. I've never rooted before, but I think I've done enough research and with this method I'm ready to take the plunge to take ful advantage of my nexus. Without having a lot of knowledge of what I may do once rooted, other than things I can't do otherwise, I'm not sure how much I'll benefit but I want to at least get my feet wet. The main thing I want is the 4.0.4 radios that I've been hearing so much about (and of course tired of waiting for the OTA), so I will wait until you release the next version. My two questions are: 1)once I follow these steps to root "nothing" will change on my phone until I download rom's etc, other than superuser, correct? 2) I'm a fan of Google Wallet and I've read it will now not work on a rooted device until Google fixes "it"...can anyone comment from experience? Appreciate it.

1. Yes, except it will also overwrite stock recovery with clockworkmod recovery. However you could use my toolkit to reflash the stock recovery with the flash to recovery button. Version 1.4 will be ready in a few days, which will have the options to truly do nothing except install super user and su binaries.

2. I think Google wallet is cool except I haven't messed with it yet myself so I can't really help you/comment on that..

{{ WugFresh }}

blunt420

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site

Just use the flash to radio button and point the program to radio.img file.

You can also check out this for more info:
WugFresh - Flash To Partition

{{ WugFresh }}

WugFresh so i download radio on computer and use tool to locate and install to phone (or something like that) obv from my screen name im not too brite when it comes to this stuff its the words that confuse me lol

WugFresh

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
WugFresh so i download radio on computer and use tool to locate and install to phone (or something like that) obv from my screen name im not too brite when it comes to this stuff its the words that confuse me lol

Yeah. Download to comp. Plug in your device, and use the flash to radio button.

{{ WugFresh }}

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Yeah. Download to comp. Plug in your device, and use the flash to radio button.

{{ WugFresh }}

Wug - quick question; I just relocked/rerooted through your tool. My SDcard IS gone, right (like when you unlock, it wipes everything)?

I hope it is; if not I'll have to some manual deleting.

stacman.nexus

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site

Wug,

When using the temporary flash option, is that intended to be used indefinitely until the image flashed is thoroughly vetted, and is there any reason to backtrack or go directly to a permanent flash?

I just got my Nexus two days ago so I haven't tried this yet, but if you've made it as simple as it sounds, I'll happily donate to the cause.

Thanks!

BTW I'm also interested to hear the answer to dmmarck's question about the SD Card. I kind of like having a dedicated "partition" (for lack of a better term) for all the user files. Although, I suppose I should get over that since this phone doesn't have an expansion port (who's idea was that?).

Last edited:

stacman.nexus

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site

I already answered my own first question reading the "Flash to Partition" post which mentioned that the load is only active until the next reboot. So I'll just look to see if the rest is answered eventually.

scarryman04

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

You do have a "external SD" partition on the phone...I've flashed a couple ROMs and wiped multiple times and it doesn't touch pics, downloads etc

stacman.nexus

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site

The SD Card is figuratively external, but I'm curious about dmmarck's post saying it disappeared after he unlocked/rooted his phone with this.

I could probably Google it, but while I'm here and you mentioned flashing, can multiple ROMs be flashed concurrently, or is it limited to one?

scarryman04

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

Well when you unlock the bootloader using this tool it does wipe everything...and I'm pretty sure there's a app called boot manager that allows you to have multiple roms but I've never tried it

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

The SD Card is figuratively external, but I'm curious about dmmarck's post saying it disappeared after he unlocked/rooted his phone with this.

I could probably Google it, but while I'm here and you mentioned flashing, can multiple ROMs be flashed concurrently, or is it limited to one?

Check with Android File Transfer, there's literally nothing left but "stock" SDcard contents, which is a good thing IMHO.

stacman.nexus

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site

Check with Android File Transfer, there's literally nothing left but "stock" SDcard contents, which is a good thing IMHO.

Thanks for the info. As long as the stock content structure is still intact, I'll be happy.

Have you noticed any significant difference (anywhere) with the v4.0.4 radio update?

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for the info. As long as the stock content structure is still intact, I'll be happy.

Have you noticed any significant difference (anywhere) with the v4.0.4 radio update?

Since I had to go back to stock, yes. Switching between WiFi, 4G, 3G, etc. is notably smoother and faster with the .4 radios than .2 radios.

stacman.nexus

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site

I'm debating whether to use the leaked update, or wait out the official release. It can't be too far away.

Liskrig

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site

This is the only tool that has worked for me so far. I have rooted the manual way several times for just about every Android phone/tablet, but this time (with my own personal phone) I decided to give a toolkit a try. It worked for me 100% all the way, I was rooted in about 10 minutes and I'm now backing up the rom. Thank you!!! :D

winthropboy41

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site

This toolkit makes it so easy to do anything i want to do with my galaxy nexus 18,000 thumbs up for making this!!! Can't thank you enough. I recommend it to anyone who doesn't want to go through all the hoopla to get your nexus rooted, unlocked, locked, unrooted.....it's frickin awesome. You do good work!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes