[Automated] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.6.2 (Updated 12/29/12)

xAGx#AC

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Re: [Automated] Wug's Galaxy Nexus Root Toolkit v1.1

This really wont work for me for some reason. Im assuming the drivers got screwed up in the beginning. I tried to flash the stock and unroot thing from using 1.0 and then going to 1.1, but it just said waiting for device and did nothing. Im not really sure what to do at this point.

helmdawg

Sep 26, 2010
Visit site

Unlocked and rooted! Thanks for all your hard work....

Quick question, does the USB debugging have to stay checked? And just for future reference, what would break the root access (if any). By that I mean, OTA updates etc...

way2hooah

Jan 11, 2012
Visit site

Im confused......I got to the part about rebooting into bootloader and the device manager opened but what do I do now? How do I configure the adb driver and what is the picture reference

way2hooah

Jan 11, 2012
Visit site

Well I think I was able to get the device to read as Samsung adb...............but I think this is all above my skill level so I aborted.

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Having some issues here... for starters I'm on windows 7 64 bit. I installed the adb and Samsung drivers and all was well I think. I start the unlock process and it sees the phone, reboots into boot loader, but I never get an option to unlock.

Its possibly a driver issue. In device manager it says Samsung fine but there are 2 identical devices that I can't get drivers for. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks

Just added a screen shot. when the phone is plugged in there is also "Android 1.0" above the two "Base System Devices"

Last edited:

bobthebob

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site

so - I've searched through this thread and haven't found anyone else with the same issue (sorry if I missed it).

I have no problem loading the SDK and the drivers - total success.

BUT when I go to try and 'Backup Apps + Data' nothing happens. no indications of progress whatsoever. I left it alone for a while hoping it was just a silent background process or something but nothing happened...
am I missing something? I'm really not willing to wipe my phone at this point without having a backup of all my apps... since I've spent the last week adding them!

anyone else have this problem? or know what I'm doing wrong?

BTW - using Windows XP if that makes any difference.

2waterfowl

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site

After camping out in the Blackberry world for the past 3 years with my BB Storm (don't laugh too hard), I jumped from that sinking ship and entered the Android world with my shiny new GN. My GN has been unlocked for a week now, and a few days ago I finally got enough courage to root this fabulous piece of hardware.

Now I know absolutely nothing when it comes to rooting... And even though I pulled my hair out, threw things, and taught my kids some new words (those damn drivers!), I'm finally rooted!

I just wanted to say thank you to WugFresh for making this a better transition for me with this Toolkit. I couldn't imagine doing this the "hard way"... Now all I need to do is look up info/directions for Titanium Backup, ROM Manager, and Root Explorer. Which brings me to my question...

Does anyone know of a tutorial or step by step guide for these products? From what I have heard, they are the best at what they do. Please keep in mind my lack of Android expertise. Or maybe you can suggest some other products that I should learn about.

Next step... Learning about backups. Then.... Installing ROM's.

Thanks again.

tedescop

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site

After camping out in the Blackberry world for the past 3 years with my BB Storm (don't laugh too hard), I jumped from that sinking ship and entered the Android world with my shiny new GN. My GN has been unlocked for a week now, and a few days ago I finally got enough courage to root this fabulous piece of hardware.

Now I know absolutely nothing when it comes to rooting... And even though I pulled my hair out, threw things, and taught my kids some new words (those damn drivers!), I'm finally rooted!

I just wanted to say thank you to WugFresh for making this a better transition for me with this Toolkit. I couldn't imagine doing this the "hard way"... Now all I need to do is look up info/directions for Titanium Backup, ROM Manager, and Root Explorer. Which brings me to my question...

Does anyone know of a tutorial or step by step guide for these products? From what I have heard, they are the best at what they do. Please keep in mind my lack of Android expertise. Or maybe you can suggest some other products that I should learn about.

Next step... Learning about backups. Then.... Installing ROM's.

Thanks again.

I can definitely relate I had the same story just I am still using a BB 9930 and the GN personally. If anyone can recommend a good step by step tutorial for the Backups and Roms I would love to learn. I know BB's inside and out but I am ready learn all here with android.

skyrichard

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site

I have unlocked with root, my nexus ... we are sure that Google is preparing an update for ics, if accepted would lose the root, but also the phone is locket again??

I still am not very profecional on this but I try, it would be easier in this case will return to the root or install a rom of some developer?
and which of the two would be better?

thanks for all you help guys...;)

dwc_sf

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site

CW - Feedback for WUG

Windows (7) does not like having a file called "program" sitting at the root of the C:\ drive.

That is all.

Thanks!

WugFresh

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site

Just wanted to say thank you to Cyber Warrior for maintaining this thread. Most appreciated.

Version 1.2 will hopefully be out later tonight. Has some cool new features that hopefully you all will like.

{{ WugFresh }}

WugFresh

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site

CW - Feedback for WUG

Windows (7) does not like having a file called "program" sitting at the root of the C:\ drive.

That is all.

Thanks!

That was a lame mistake.. not intentional at all. Will fix in version 1.2, my bad.

{{ WugFresh }}

helmdawg

Sep 26, 2010
Visit site

Unlocked and rooted! Thanks for all your hard work....

Quick question, does the USB debugging have to stay checked? And just for future reference, what would break the root access (if any). By that I mean, OTA updates etc...

Anyone know the answer to this?

androidjeebus

Jan 11, 2012
Visit site

CDMA Download links not working for me right now either. Thanks for putting this together though, I'm looking forward to using it.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site

Anyone know the answer to this?

USB does not have to remain checked... just remember to turn it back on if you ever have to connect your phone to the computer.

OTA updates... from past experiences.. will unroot you if you accept it. Two ways to fix so that doesn't happen.... install a custom ROM (don't understand why someone wouldn't... its the best part of having a rooted phone) or you can try and delete the update file in your systems files using Root Explorer... (not sure what the file name is called at the moment)... either way... its not guaranteed.

Best way to avoid the OTA update... install a custom ROM... problem solved + you'll most likely be running a leaked version of any update weeks before its released. The majority of the custom ROMs right now are running ICS 4.0.3... stock is still 4.0.2.

If you decide to stay stock rooted... don't be surprised when an OTA comes rolling along and messes with your phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sem173