[Automated] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.6.2 (Updated 12/29/12)

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Re: [Automated] Wug's Galaxy Nexus Root Toolkit v1.1

[NOTE]NEW GUIDE IS UP: Version 1.2 New Features + Should Solve Any Problems Anyone Was Having From Previous Versions [/NOTE]

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: [Automated] Wug's Galaxy Nexus Root Toolkit v1.2 (Updated 1/1

do we need to use "odin" if one flash back to stock to rest set the value to "0 or1" if we need to return the GN, also do we need to use V-6 super charger ?

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site

do we need to use "odin" if one flash back to stock to rest set the value to "0 or1" if we need to return the GN, also do we need to use V-6 super charger ?

Nope.... everything is done from the auto toolkit.. No Odin or V-6 needed.

xandroidcentral

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site

Anyone having the same problem?
Followed all instructions and managed to get adb drivers running. However fastboot drivers can't be found. Any suggestions?

See screenshot below
nexus_2.png

Last edited:

truthhunter

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site

2waterfowl -

In response to your post about wanting more information, I am in the same boat. See the links to a couple of posts I made and the answers from the community might help clarify things. One one of the posts I made, I included some links that were helpful for me in understanding Android as I am also coming from a Blackberry as well.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...acks/149747-flashing-roms-kernals-radios.html

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...s/149205-titanium-backup-multiple-roms-2.html

Reactions: 2waterfowl

nickal

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site

I've run this 4 times and when I go to root I keep getting the droid with red triangle. I'm not yet rooted just unlocked. What can I do?

WugFresh

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site

Cyber Warrior has just made me the new OP to keep this thread updated with latest releases. Thank you Cyber Warrior for maintaining this thread up to this point.

{{ WugFresh }}

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site

Cyber Warrior has just made me the new OP to keep this thread updated with latest releases. Thank you Cyber Warrior for maintaining this thread up to this point.

{{ WugFresh }}

Thanks Wug... good to have you on AC.

xandroidcentral

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site

Hi WugFresh, everything went perfectly with your tool thanks for that!

I only have a small issue with Superuser and hope you can help me. Basically the app is supposed to grant root access however I have never received a prompt and when opening Superuser there are no apps in the list. Apps that require root access such as privacy guard report that the phone isn't rooted. Then I installed Busybox and there is this error message while installing it:
/system/xbin/ could not be mounted as RW, the install may fail
and after that the install isn't successful. Can you suggest how to grant root access for apps?

WugFresh

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi WugFresh, everything went perfectly with your tool thanks for that!

I only have a small issue with Superuser and hope you can help me. Basically the app is supposed to grant root access however I have never received a prompt and when opening Superuser there are no apps in the list. Apps that require root access such as privacy guard report that the phone isn't rooted. Then I installed Busybox and there is this error message while installing it:
/system/xbin/ could not be mounted as RW, the install may fail
and after that the install isn't successful. Can you suggest how to grant root access for apps?

You should repeat the entire root process. Maybe superuser didn't flash correctly.

{{ WugFresh }}

helmdawg

Sep 26, 2010
Visit site

USB does not have to remain checked... just remember to turn it back on if you ever have to connect your phone to the computer.

OTA updates... from past experiences.. will unroot you if you accept it. Two ways to fix so that doesn't happen.... install a custom ROM (don't understand why someone wouldn't... its the best part of having a rooted phone) or you can try and delete the update file in your systems files using Root Explorer... (not sure what the file name is called at the moment)... either way... its not guaranteed.

Best way to avoid the OTA update... install a custom ROM... problem solved + you'll most likely be running a leaked version of any update weeks before its released. The majority of the custom ROMs right now are running ICS 4.0.3... stock is still 4.0.2.

If you decide to stay stock rooted... don't be surprised when an OTA comes rolling along and messes with your phone.

Thanks Cyber! What's the most stable rom out right now?

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site

Codename and AOKP (android open kang project) are the two most popular. My vote goes to Codename though... great rom with a lot of built in settings for modding/customizing the phone.

helmdawg

Sep 26, 2010
Visit site

Codename and AOKP (android open kang project) are the two most popular. My vote goes to Codename though... great rom with a lot of built in settings for modding/customizing the phone.

Thanks, so only AOSP Rom's can be used on the verizon version of nexus versus GSM rom's?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1